Welcome to Sphynx Lair, a community dedicated to Sphynx owners!

Blueberrys xray

J

Jinxlover

Hay guys were still trucking..I took her in for her x-ray this evening . It didn't do any good..lol..They were all crammed in there he could not tell me how many. His guess was 4-6 give or take one. Her temp was 99.6 at the vets. He told me I had days at the longest ( I was think I still had around 2 weeks). He was thinking very soon. I just took her temp and it was 99.3 so it's going down. She is still eating tho. He also thinks the "breeder" lied about her age but 3-4 months, he thinks she is more around 9-10 month not 6. Wish us luck I think we are going to need it:Sweat::Sweat::Dizzy:.

Attachments

Aww poor girl. Atleast she is in good hands now. Were you able to get her a quiet warm spot all set up for her and get her acquainted with it and what not? Get all her blankeys and towells washed up and ready so you can change bedding out and what not as as needed. Good luck and our fingers and paws are crossed for you. Thanks for the update!

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Her poor belly looks like it is going to explode!! I hope that things go well for her. Keep us updated!!:BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
She doesn't look to me like it's going to be days--looks to me like it'll be longer than that. Good luck and keep us posted. I was a nervous wreck with Lulu due to her age too! I hope she delivers when you are home with her so you know she's passed all the placentas, etc. It'll be ok.....just be as ready as you can.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Cats temps go down when they get close to labor.
That breeder is a b##ch.
Good Luck with the kittens.

J

Jinxlover

She doesn't look to me like it's going to be days--looks to me like it'll be longer than that.
Those pics were a week ago!!! She has no milk tho, not a drop..The vet told me he had seen queens with no milk tell after the had the kits. So now I dont know what to think.

Wow! She's huge! I'm actually relieved to hear that she's older than you thought - that means she's more physically and emotionally equipped to handle motherhood. Best of luck.

Hay guys were still trucking..I took her in for her x-ray this evening . It didn't do any good..lol..They were all crammed in there he could not tell me how many. His guess was 4-6 give or take one. Her temp was 99.6 at the vets. He told me I had days at the longest ( I was think I still had around 2 weeks). He was thinking very soon. I just took her temp and it was 99.3 so it's going down. She is still eating tho. He also thinks the "breeder" lied about her age but 3-4 months, he thinks she is more around 9-10 month not 6. Wish us luck I think we are going to need it:Sweat::Sweat::Dizzy:.
No pics of the xrays, by chance?

Wow...she looks very big :Surprise:
If she has no milk...i would go out and buy some formula for kittens....if she delivers in the middle of the night....your gonna need some....
Best of luck :ThumbsUp:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with M2M re: the breeder. But I'm glad to see that the little pregnant girl is in good hands (yours and your vet's) and will be having her babies in a loving household.

J

Jinxlover

How is Blueberry doing? I hope all is well!

Still no babies!!!! If she does not have them soon she's going to POP! She is still eating and playing. I have never seen anything eat like she is. I think she would eat her own leg if it was tasty!!! lol....It's got to be any day, doesn't it??????????:Dizzy::Sweat:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Any new pics of her belly? Has she gotten milk in yet? I hope things go smoothly once she does have them!! Wishing happy healthy mommy and kittens:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
I kept saying it's GOT to be any day now for two weeks or more! LOL....I thought Lulu would pop also. I could tell by the photo you posted awhile back-- she didn't look ready to deliver to me. Several of my girls have difficulty cleaning their bottoms when they are quite far along, so as it gets close to delivery time, I am giving warm baths quite frequently because their bottoms get sore if they can't keep them clean. We bond in the tub while I give them a back massage with my soapy hands--must feel good to them--poor little things with their huge bellies. They also get a lot lazier--laying in their bassinettes, just resting....waiting.
They will come---when they are good and ready.:Wink:

J

Jinxlover

She has to have them soon or shes going to drive me to drinking..lol..

Milk?? I'm not sure but I think so.I know that sounds funny(dumb lady cant even tell if her cat has milk). The rings around here little boobies where flat and empty, now they are not. They are puffy and look like they have something in them(still not a lot). I still dont get anything if I squeeze, but that could just be me. I dont know..Oh the STRESS..lol..:Sweat: