Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bonded PAIR Raj and Lizzie ** Adopted together with a special mum and dad :)

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
After much thought, prayer, time and consideration, I have decided to re-home my two Sphynx cats-Lizzie, the mother, and Raj, the son. They MUST be re-homed together, as they are inseparable-they sleep and nap together, sit together, etc. and have never been apart.

They are sweet, loving, affectionate cats, and it makes me very sad to part with them. But I want them to be able to receive the time, attention and affection that they deserve. We have had both for about 6 years. The vet estimates them to be around 10 or 11 and 8 or 9, respectively. They are grey, beautiful cats. Both are very sweet and affectionate, and will be like Velcro on you if they can. They are not declawed, and should never be declawed. They are very gentle and aware of their claws when they are being held.

They crave attention and I know that they could have much, much more attention and affection with someone who was home a lot and who knows how to take care of Sphynx. They love to nuzzle and head-bump, and would probably sit with you non-stop, given the chance!

I would like prefer someone who has already owned a Sphynx, as they already understand their needs. I would also highly prefer they be within driving distance of Dallas-Fort Worth. I do not think flying them would be good for them.

*** {={=I will waive rehoming fee for purrfect fit with experienced Sphynx parents', $200 re-homing fee for the pair otherwise.. **** Once decided, I will want to monitor the transition, and have a lot of communication.****

We were given these cats and did not realize how much maintenance was involved, but we loved them and have made it work for the last six years. However, now I work much more than I did when we first got them, so I am not home as often. My husband(I married him after we had the cats) has health issues(double-lung transplant recipient) that requires he not be around cats, their litter boxes, or otherwise, so we have had to be careful that they were in a different part of the house as him. We recently moved, and they do have a nice set-up in our sunroom. However, I am gone quite a bit, and my husband cannot help with them, so they are by themselves a lot.

Please PM me if you are interested.

There will be an adoption contract that includes:

NO declawing,,NO re-homing or separating them, NO outdoors, NO ketamine anesthesia, FeLv feline leukemia or FIP vaccine.

If you are interested, please make sure you read my whole post and private message me. Please provide your vet reference, and as much detail as you are willing to share about you, your home and your family, and why you would love to adopt Raj and Lizzie.
Please see their adorable pictures below.{={={={=

Attachments

• RAJ.jpeg
    RAJ.jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 104
  • RajandJadon.jpeg
    RajandJadon.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 108

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Rajandlizzie I'm sure the wait for the purrfect fam for them will be worth it. They have a beautiful spacious sun room and who knows there may be a cheap pet cam you can utilize in the interim so they get a bit of attention from you while you are working :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
They are lucky you are being so particular about finding their new home so they are happy as possible.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Kissy Mercier

Lairian
We would love to have the opportunity to take them in, if you’re willing to let them go to a very loving home outsude of TX. I would be happy to make the drive myself, as I refuse to fly animals. We are currently looking to find a male/female bonded pair, but initially were looking for younger. We previously had a rescue from MN, but we lost her to a very rare heart defect 3yrs ago. She was truly the best 4-legged family member we could ever ask for and we were devastated at her passing. It took a long time before we were ready to adopt again, but we took a bit longer until I graduated, so that I would have less distractions, plus we bought a bigger house, so now have have even more space for them to roam. We have references available from friends, family, veterinarians, and S.O.A.R. (Sphynx open arms rescue). Also, the contract terms for rehousing are agreeable and we wouldn’t not have any issues with abiding by those terms.

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
We would love to have the opportunity to take them in, if you’re willing to let them go to a very loving home outsude of TX. I would be happy to make the drive myself, as I refuse to fly animals. We are currently looking to find a male/female bonded pair, but initially were looking for younger. We previously had a rescue from MN, but we lost her to a very rare heart defect 3yrs ago. She was truly the best 4-legged family member we could ever ask for and we were devastated at her passing. It took a long time before we were ready to adopt again, but we took a bit longer until I graduated, so that I would have less distractions, plus we bought a bigger house, so now have have even more space for them to roam. We have references available from friends, family, veterinarians, and S.O.A.R. (Sphynx open arms rescue). Also, the contract terms for rehousing are agreeable and we wouldn’t not have any issues with abiding by those terms.
HI Kissy,
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad you are ready to adopt again. You sound very loving and well-qualified, and I would definitely consider letting them go to your home.

Where do you live? How many hours do you think it would be? We live in Rockwall, TX, which is a suburb east of Dallas.
If you could send me any references you have, that would be great.

Raj and Lizzie are super-sweet, and super-sweet together since they are mother and son.

Kissy Mercier

Lairian
We are actually just both of Milwaukee, WI. I know it would be a great distance, but I have family and friends homes I could stay with along the way, to break up the trip. Knowing that distance, please let me know if you feel this distance is too great.
-Christi

Rajandlizzie

Lairian
We are actually just both of Milwaukee, WI. I know it would be a great distance, but I have family and friends homes I could stay with along the way, to break up the trip. Knowing that distance, please let me know if you feel this distance is too great.
-Christi
Okay. Just wondering how that would work logistically. Neither are big roomers. They are very affectionate. They would want to be in their comfy bed together or in a blanket on your lap. Would there be two of y’all? How do you handle stopping for food and litter box breaks? Really, being with their people is the most important thing.
Just asking so I can feel better about how they would handle the trip. :) I would still like to continue talking about it. I’m open.

Kissy Mercier

Lairian
Yes, there are 2 of us- my husband and I. Although surgery on his leg may be in the near future, so I’m not sure yet if he would make the drive with me. Rest stops would be frequent for reassurance and cuddle time. The back seats fold down in the car, so I would easily be able to allow them room to move around and use litter box along the way as well,
Our house is a good size, but not small. It’s a 2-story bungalow with 3 bedrooms (plus a large basement, but that’s typically closed unless we’re down there doing laundry or if I’m in my quilting/craft room. It’s just a lot bigger than the smaller ranch home we had before. When we had Marlow, she too preferred to snuggle with us or would burrow in blankets. We have lots of windows for the cats to enjoy sitting in and being within steps of Lake Michigan, we tend to enjoy staying close to home.
please let me know where you would like me to send references to. As I would prefer to send them privately.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes, there are 2 of us- my husband and I. Although surgery on his leg may be in the near future, so I’m not sure yet if he would make the drive with me. Rest stops would be frequent for reassurance and cuddle time. The back seats fold down in the car, so I would easily be able to allow them room to move around and use litter box along the way as well,
Our house is a good size, but not small. It’s a 2-story bungalow with 3 bedrooms (plus a large basement, but that’s typically closed unless we’re down there doing laundry or if I’m in my quilting/craft room. It’s just a lot bigger than the smaller ranch home we had before. When we had Marlow, she too preferred to snuggle with us or would burrow in blankets. We have lots of windows for the cats to enjoy sitting in and being within steps of Lake Michigan, we tend to enjoy staying close to home.
please let me know where you would like me to send references to. As I would prefer to send them privately.

You can click on Rajandlizzie’s profile and you have the option to private message.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back