Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Booby traps not working!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So when Raphael first started to jump up on the counter I set up booby traps. I put cookie sheets hanging over the edge and came home one day to find one on the floor. My thought was the noise would scare her and she would no longer jump up onto the counter. We took the booby traps down. Now months later she is starting to jump onto the counter again. I was horrified to walk into my kitchen and see her sitting on my stove watching my water boil. Yikes, this can be disastrous. Does anyone have any other ideas for me to prevent her from jumping up onto my kitchen counters and stove.

Thanks everyone.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Annejo12 some find this to be a good deterrent
e66b461582920a7668cb91f4e16b4ffc.jpg

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm using the tape method to stop my boy jumping on the tv. So far it's working he puts his feet up feels around but doesn't like the feel of the tape on his feet so doesn't jump up. So maybe give it a go. I have heard of people putting double sided tape on both sides of a teatowel and sticking one side to the bench then having some facing up and they land on it and don't like it sticking

Back