Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Booda Dome

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have one of the large booda domes that have the stairs. One of my cats started peeing on the stairs and its REALLY annoying. I scoop my box twice per day. I only use one box for the three cats, as my house is small and there really is no other place to put a litter box where my toddler can't get into it. Should I start scooping 3 times per day? I tried a second box in the bathroom but it lasted about 2 days until I got sick of stepping on litter, and taking a baby gate up and down really sucked every time I had to go to the bathroom. I tried covering the stairs with carpet but someone still pees on it then drags the litter catcher thing under the box on top of it. Or anything they can find, I found they had covered it with a dish towel, and once my son's coat. Tonight when I found the pee the box was "clean" as far as litter boxes go so I don't know.

I am really thinking about biting the bullet and getting a litter robot.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Are all 3 cats fixed?
The only other thing that comes to mind and only because I had this happen to me once when our son was about 2, we had a regular cat and he started peeing on all my sons things I guess he was driving him crazy and that was his way of getting back at him.
As far as litter boxes we have had 2 with 2 cats and now are up to 3 cats (all sphynx) and I am going to get another box because scooping more than 1 time a day is a bit hard for me. The litter robot looks great but is more then I want to spend on a litter box, but it I do think it will work well for you because of the 1 box thing.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The Booda Dome is new to me but seems like a great way to keep dogs out of the litter box. I'm just brainstorming but maybe someone doesn't like going all the way in for some reason. Have you changed brands of litter recently? Or maybe someone is intimidated by the smells from the other cats and feels like since the litter area is taken, maybe the stairs are up for grabs? The second litter box sounds like a painfor you, but did the second box help?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well from what I can tell one of them really likes to use the corner right by the entrance to go and I am starting to wonder if whoever it is happens to be accidently sticking their butt over the edge when going?? I am pretty sure the litter robot is in my future, but today there have been no accidents, so far.

ETA: vet visit is in the near future for all of them!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well from what I can tell one of them really likes to use the corner right by the entrance to go and I am starting to wonder if whoever it is happens to be accidently sticking their butt over the edge when going??

I have a fat cat who does not fit in any regular box, his butt goes over the edge every time. We use large rubbermaid storage boxes from the dollar store.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Are they all neutered ? Anothe possible cause for suddenly peeing in carpets and floors is A UTI (urinary tract infection). So the vet visit would determine this. Also be sure to clean up the urine area with a good enzymatic cleaner which will remove all traces of the smell.

Back