Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Book of Eli trailer

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had to watch the trailer twice because it went by so quickly but there's a sphynx in it! I googled it to make sure of what I saw:

http://screenrant.com/book-eli-trailer-kofi-24287/
It is at second 47.

I read the comments below and someone with username "Sphynx Cat" said: "As for the Sphynx Cat…better not be another Hollywood portrayal of the breed being evil and vicious. In real life they are such sooky babies." <--- I like this person!

This reminds me of the quick flash of a sphynx we saw in the Lady Gaga video- same look from the sphynx. How to they make these easy-going kitties so angry! :Angry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like an interesting film. A lot of "end of the world" movies lately...what's up with that? :Wink:

I agree about the sphynx...Hollywood frequently characterizes the sphynx cat as something evil just because they look "different". :Angry: Different doesn't always mean "bad". Sphynx kitties are anything but bad or evil...they are the most loving cats ever!:Adore:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sphynx Cat is Allison from this site!!!!
They better not have a evil sphynx again.

:ThumbsUp: Wow! That is too cool....

My hubby & I saw this preview on TV last night & we rewound it about 10 times and then had to talk about how it upset us to see a sphynx look mean & we hope that isn't the only representation in the film:Frown:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YIKES!

picture.php

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw that sphynx, too. Like you all said, it's unfortunate they have to make them evil and mean. It's time for a true representation of the awesome breed!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And I also want to know what exactly they're doing to the sphynx to make them hiss like that? What kind of stress are they putting them through to make them hiss? :mad:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I saw the preview on tv too my bf pointed it out!!! I'm just hoping that people don't start getting a sphynx because they r in movies & shows & the lady gaga vid!!! I don't want them to become a trendy thing! Only special people can be owned by a sphynx not every1 can have a beautiful bald baby!!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like an interesting film. A lot of "end of the world" movies lately...what's up with that? :Wink:

I agree about the sphynx...Hollywood frequently characterizes the sphynx cat as something evil just because they look "different". :Angry: Different doesn't always mean "bad". Sphynx kitties are anything but bad or evil...they are the most loving cats ever!:Adore:

I still love the Piglet! Piglet rules.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
One of my friends who is not a cat person said the same thing about how Sphynx (she was referring to Snuffie mostly) looked mean all the time. She was ironically surprised when she met her in person tho at how sweet she is. As being people owned by Sphynx it is our responsibility to educate people on their true character! :)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
One of my friends who is not a cat person said the same thing about how Sphynx (she was referring to Snuffie mostly) looked mean all the time. She was ironically surprised when she met her in person tho at how sweet she is. As being people owned by Sphynx it is our responsibility to educate people on their true character! :)

Very well said, Christina! :ThumbsUp: When Piglet and I do our animal-assisted therapy visits, I often feel that Piglet is also being an ambassador for the sphynx breed, to show them that sphynx cats are really very sweet and loving and not the evil creatures that Hollywood tries to make them out to be. You won't believe how many people come up to me and say. "Oh, I thought these cats are mean." or "Will she bite me?" Once they spend a little time with Piglet, they all fall in love with her and then say"Oh I want a cat like this one!" It really IS up to us to educate them on how awesome sphynx cats really are! :BigSmile:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well my hubby is bald and I checked him for arrows.......Nope none there. I did tell him not to wear his mean face in public tho.:Cool:

myspecialboy

Lairian
I had two facebook posts telling me not to watch that movie because I wouldn't like the beginning of it. I told them to just tell me because I had no plans of watching it. The guy kills the Sphynx with an arrow and eats it and they said it was pretty graphic. There you go.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's really depressing. :Cry: I hope the sphynx that played in the movie left a "present" in the producer's shoes.

Back