Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

booked in to be neutered!

rikkuyuna

Lairian
My boy is booked in to be neutered on Tuesday!!! Im so nervous for him!! Mainly because sphynx are so uncommon, and when most people meet them they are negative towards the breed at first. Im terrified the vets and nurses wont care for him properly! i know thats an awful thing to say. and I know they obviously must love animals to be in their profession. But I cant help but worry, hes my baby!!! lol i hope hell be ok!!! sleepless nights from now until tuesday!!!:Sweat:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Every vet I took mine too just loves them :ThumbsUp: Make sure they don't use ketamine on him, it's dangerous if there is undiagnosed HCM.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No Ketamine or Metacam.
When I got my first sphynx the vet and the techs would not give her back.
They all had to see her.
There is one vet there that does not like sphynx that much but she is a great vet.

bellasmom

Banned
I know how you feel!! I changed Vets because I didnt like how the first one laughed at Bella and kept saying "she just looks ridiculous"

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sending prayers and lots of love. He'll do great. Its always heart wrenching to send our babies off for surgery. I hope Tuesday goes by quick for you and isn't so nerve wracking.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's stressful to take your baby in for surgery, but he will be fine. I really like my vet and made a point to talk with him before Nudie's spay so I felt more comfortable and he knew what I expected and what meds not to give. When I picked Nudie up all the ladies up front were loving on her, so I don't think she minded too much being away from mom:BigSmile: Good luck and keep us posted...

mom2Isis

Lairian
My girl is being spayed tomorrow, so I know exactly how you feel. I am sure everything will be fine! My cat is only the second Sphynx in my vet's practice to be seen, so everyone just adores her and I have a hard time getting her back when I go in! Let us know how he does.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Honestly, boys get over being neutered so quickly, so don't worry and the staff have to be professional, so even if for some crazy reason they don't like Sphynx, they are duty-bound to treat him with as much care and respect as their other patients.

trevor26

Lairian
My boy is booked in to be neutered on Tuesday!!! Im so nervous for him!! Mainly because sphynx are so uncommon, and when most people meet them they are negative towards the breed at first. Im terrified the vets and nurses wont care for him properly! i know thats an awful thing to say. and I know they obviously must love animals to be in their profession. But I cant help but worry, hes my baby!!! lol i hope hell be ok!!! sleepless nights from now until tuesday!!!:Sweat:

Aw vets will absolutly love him just curious what age is he cause i will be getting my boy neutered to

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't worry. Everytime I have taken a Sphynx to a vet - everyone ooooooed and awwwwwwed over the Sphynx. And was treated like a special patient. Remeber - no ketamine for sedation. Take a blankie to keep him warm after surgery. Has the vet already given him vaccinations? Be prepared to have him up and running around - just like nothing ever happened. The vet techs will probably be all over him and loving on him. Remember - they went into the feild because of their love of animals.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
..., and when most people meet them they are negative towards the breed at first. Im terrified the vets and nurses wont care for him properly! i know thats an awful thing to say. and I know they obviously must love animals to be in their profession. But I cant help but worry, hes my baby!!! lol i hope hell be ok!!! sleepless nights from now until tuesday!!!:Sweat:

Pfft, you're talking about John Q. Public - who is generally uneducated at best and downright stupid at worst. I think it's a human trait to be negative towards anything unusual/not understood. Ok, so I also think most people are on the "downright stupid" end of that scale...

The vets and vet techs that I've introduced to sphynx have been fascinated by them and were glad they got the opportunity to meet one in person. Course they're not the typical John Q. Public -- I don't think you have a thing to worry about. They'll be watching him like a hawk and taking good care of him just because he IS so unusual.

Will be sending good thoughts for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! I know everyone at my vet's office just adores my nakeds and when I had to take Butter Jones to the emergency vet he was the center of attention there as well! I honestly think they will be taking extra special care of him...

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I know you are worried, that's just us . But I'm sure he will be fine.
I agree, most Vets. and their techs. love the Sphynx.
Especailly, when they haven't seen one or don't see many.
They are facinated by them. Sending prayers your way.:Smile:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My girl is being spayed tomorrow, so I know exactly how you feel. I am sure everything will be fine! My cat is only the second Sphynx in my vet's practice to be seen, so everyone just adores her and I have a hard time getting her back when I go in! Let us know how he does.

Prayer's to you and your baby also. I'm sure all will be well with her also.:Smile:

Back