Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Booking Stormy's trainer...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Found a lovely lady not far from me, who is just perfect to start Stormy under saddle.

I told her I'm a bit worried about Stormy being on his own, as he has never been away from another horse -- and she goes "OH! He can go with the geldings if you want!"
Which, quite frankly, is awesome. There are not many people who take a stallion for training, and even less who will even turn them out, and practically NONE who allow a stallion into a herd of other horses (geldings)!
Soooo glad about that, because it's just not natural for a horse to be alone.
He'll be there minimum a month, starting in May. Oz is going to freak, because he's pretty lost without Stormy... but he has Timmy, so I'm hoping he'll be ok.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What a wonderful new adventure ahead for Stormy. Hope Oz and Timmy will have support from eachother while Stormy is gone. And I learned a few new words, not being a horse girl;-)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a wonderful new adventure ahead for Stormy. Hope Oz and Timmy will have support from eachother while Stormy is gone. And I learned a few new words, not being a horse girl;-)
Well, the trainer is lovely, and has my deposit in hand.
And while we're standing there talking, a lady arrived for her lesson with her horse in a trailer.
And out comes... a little Paso Fino mare, 3 years old. Cute as a button.
And I stand there in utter disbelief... because Paso Finos are as rare as hens teeth in most European countries. So to see one unloaded, and finding out she lives a mere 12km from me... That's just crazy.
Both her owner, Nadia, and I are now linked on FB, and chatting. :) She's going to pop over some time to meet Oz, and like me, she can't believe there's another Paso Fino this close, and we met by pure chance!!

Back