Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Skins95

Lairian
So My name is Gabby and I am brand spanking new to the Sphynx world. Recently I've began my college journey, and am well into the second semester :) My family and I (mainly myself) have decided to get a little companion for me. It's been years since we've had a cat around the house, and a sphynx fits right into our dynamic!

So when I first saw this guy, I was absolutely in love with him. He is currently six weeks old, so he is unfortunately not ready to come home yet! He will be ready on March 22! And I'm counting down the days until I can bring the little guy home (really I am counting down, I have a count down in my phone).

I've read all up on Sphynx cats, and I do understand they can be a little dirty sometimes, and I'm prepared for weekly bathing and wiping down and ear cleaning. I'm currently knitting him a few sweaters as well in preparation for his arrival. If you guys had any other tips that would be wonderful!!! I'm very excited to begin this chapter in my life! Also, name suggestions are much appreciated for the little guy!!!
a5vky.jpg
28s55s7.jpg

Last edited:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lovely baby there, he looks lovely! Very exciting!

The main tip I can think of and the most important is never let the vet give KETAMINE (anaesthetic) to your kitty. It can be very dangerous for sphynx cats. There is lots of info on this site about it.

Skins95

Lairian
Lovely baby there, he looks lovely! Very exciting!

The main tip I can think of and the most important is never let the vet give KETAMINE (anaesthetic) to your kitty. It can be very dangerous for sphynx cats. There is lots of info on this site about it.
Thank you so much for the tip, I'll be sure to read up on it!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to The Lair. Oh your baby is stunning! Looking forward to seeing you share with us how he is doing in his forever home. He no doubt has entered your heart forever.

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome! Hope to see you around with more pics and stories.

Lysine will help boost the little guy's immune system. 250-500 mg per day. Add it to his food a couple times a day. It's great for combating URIs.

Lots of blankets!

Welcome!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy you found the Lair, there is just so much great info here!

Good luck with your name search, my newest little girl comes home in 13 more sleeps (yes I'm counting down too) and decided on Toothless!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Skins95 and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

Mybaresphynxies

Lairian
So My name is Gabby and I am brand spanking new to the Sphynx world. Recently I've began my college journey, and am well into the second semester :) My family and I (mainly myself) have decided to get a little companion for me. It's been years since we've had a cat around the house, and a sphynx fits right into our dynamic!

So when I first saw this guy, I was absolutely in love with him. He is currently six weeks old, so he is unfortunately not ready to come home yet! He will be ready on March 22! And I'm counting down the days until I can bring the little guy home (really I am counting down, I have a count down in my phone).

I've read all up on Sphynx cats, and I do understand they can be a little dirty sometimes, and I'm prepared for weekly bathing and wiping down and ear cleaning. I'm currently knitting him a few sweaters as well in preparation for his arrival. If you guys had any other tips that would be wonderful!!! I'm very excited to begin this chapter in my life! Also, name suggestions are much appreciated for the little guy!!!
a5vky.jpg
28s55s7.jpg
He is so cuteeeee!!!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Skins95 : hi Gabby, good to have you here. I understand completly that you fell in love with this guy, what a cuty he is!
You really have something to look forward to. My two sphynx came to live with me 6 weeks ago and they brought so much joy! Just sitting and watch them play or sleep.

Be prepared to be attacked from the back when you're standing somewhere in the room. My boys like to jump at my back and crawl over to my shoulder. Everytime they scare the hell out of me:woot: But when they sit in my shoulder they look so adorable that I can only smile.

Hope the countdown goes fast!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Skins95 : so only 9 days to go till gotcha day...the count down can begin!
Little Hugo is a lucky guy with a human who is crotcheting a few sweaters for him. If I was crotcheting a sweater for in of my boys the collar would be huge because the only thing I'm good at when it comes to crotcheting is making holes;).

But I did read that a lot of people here on the lair are crotcheting sweaters for their sphynx so they can surely give you some tips.

Hope the count down goes fast!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my gosh I didn't even notice his stripes in the first set of photos you posted!
I am in love with his stripes :joyful: they are amazing!!

I also think that Hugo is perfect name for such a handsome little man!!

Good luck getting through your countdown!
Cant wait to see those gotcha day photos!

Back