Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Breeders in Brisbane

jtkirk

Lairian
I live in Brisbane (AU), and I've just recently started my search for a sphynx of my own. I fell in love with a beauty I met a few months ago, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I've done heaps of research over the past couple weeks, and although this will be my first sphynx (I've had cats and dogs but never a sphynx before), I feel ready and I'm so excited!

I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with breeders in the great Brisbane area (in a private message of course). I'm willing to drive a ways to visit and/or pick up. I have found several breeders in the area, but I'm nervous to give any of them a go without a recommendation, as I have read a lot recently about scams, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I know that breeders can't predict color 100%, but does anyone know how rare a true blue is? My partner and I really want a blue girl...obviously if we can't find one then I will be more than happy with another colour, but I'm just curious. Thanks!

Crackpotbaby

Lairian
I am also in Brisbane and in the process of choosing a breeder.

I will message you a link of the breeders in Australia who scan for HCM.

I am planning on buying from a NSW breeder at this stage.