Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Breyer Cats

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Breyer is doing a set of cats, really small. One of them is a Sphynx. :)
Not a great one, but there's one in there. Unfortunately they are "surprise" packets, so you don't know what you'll get. But hey... SPHYNXES!! :)

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I wonder if you could get on eBay to get the specific cat you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay. That looks like crap lol
Agreed. That is not a very good replica :)
We have several Breyer horses and grew up playing with them, so this is a bit of a dissappointment. My guess is that the size makes it hard to make it accurate, but I would not want to own this.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Uuuhm Am I really stupid when I have no idea who or what Breyer is?

So then you just need to keep ordering surprise packet untill you have the one with the sphynx:)
Breyer are model makers, mostly horses. I collect them.
There are some reeeeeeeaaaally stunning ones, so I had kinda highish hopes for the cats -- but... meh.
1565898476742.png

This is one I'm still after, if I find a cheapish one. (Huckleberry Bey mold)
But I mainly collect the foals.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Agreed. That is not a very good replica :)
We have several Breyer horses and grew up playing with them, so this is a bit of a dissappointment. My guess is that the size makes it hard to make it accurate, but I would not want to own this.
That model fits into the palm of my hand and is as detailed as can be. (NOT Breyer, but directly from the artist.)

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Silke Thank for the explanation about Breyer's! That horse is a stunning piece of art. Makes me wonder why the sphynx is so not a sphynx!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have a sphynx model (see post above) not painted yet, and directly from the artist (Deborah McDermott)
Not cheap, it's tiny (fits in the palm of my hand, and I have small hands.) and comes unpainted (I'm still hunting for a good painter)
Here is a pic of a painted one:
1565898970937.png

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Silke I love that one so much. I remember you posted this one a while ago and I fell in love.

I was surfing internet to learn more about Breyer's. And is this the same breed (can you say that with a horse?) as Stormy?

Screenshot_20190815-215501_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Okay. That looks like crap lol
Roflmao tell it like it is @Silke!

It’s not only crappy, but have you ever seen a Sphynx that color? Not me..

Also it kinda looks like it’s that rubberized toy material rather than plaster/something hard.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That model fits into the palm of my hand and is as detailed as can be. (NOT Breyer, but directly from the artist.)
You get this on Etsy?

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Silke I love that one so much. I remember you posted this one a while ago and I fell in love.

I was surfing internet to learn more about Breyer's. And is this the same breed (can you say that with a horse?) as Stormy?

View attachment 94848
No, Hamlet is a Shetland pony.
Breyer only ever did ONE half way decent Rocky Mountain, and it was a special edition (I think they only made like 500 of them)