Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bringing A-Lexus "Lexi" home!

MikkiJean

Lairian
Just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow I leave to begin my journey to get A-Lexus! I probably won't have a chance to get on SL until I get home on Thursday night.

I am bringing her to the vet before bringing her home. She hasn't had a rabies vac.. should she get one or not? What all do I need the vet to do, just give her a checkup?

I'll have lots of pictures of our adventure and Miss Lexi!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Are there rabies laws in your state?
If so get her the purvax shot that is a one year shot.
That is what my sphynx get.
My vet had to ask Cleos breeder where to get the right shot from.
If there is no law in your state then you do not need the shot.
My non sphynx do not get rabies shots because we do not have a rabies law for cats.
The sphynx get them because I show but it is not required.
I do it because Cleo once bit a judge.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! The time's finally here, MikkiJean!! I'm so excited for you! Sorry I don't have any advice on the vaccines, but I'll be thinking about you and little Lexi :ThumbsUp::BigSmile: Have a safe trip!!

susi794

Staff member
So very excited for you! Drive carefully and enjoy this wonderful adventure you're beginning. It's a very happy thing for both you and Lexi!
Much love,
Susi and the gang

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Good luck on your road trip, MikkiJean. I'm glad you have a friend going with you to calm your nerves as you arrive and help you find your way home after! You are going to be so love drunk once you get her you shouldn't drive until the loopiness wears off a bit!

Can't wait to hear fom you. I hope all goes well. I'm so glad you found your Sphynx.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The law in my state says every 3 years for rabies. If your animal bites someone and does NOT have the rabies vax you have to pay for the animal to be boarded for soemthing like 180 days quarentine. If the animals does have the rabies vax you have to do a 10 day at home quarentine. Can you imagine a bill for 180 days of boarding? Not me. Also you animal here does not even have to bite someone if it somehow got in contact with any sort of wildlife and you reported it, example being racoon, bat, skunk, ect, still has to go under quarentine unless you can produce the animal it was around for rabies testing. That involves killing it chopping off its head and testing the brain. Sorry to be morbid, my answer is yes get the rabies shot.

I had a dog once that bit, but thankfully she had her shots and the person she bit was trying to attack me so she was protecting me so she didn't get a citation with the city more like a medal. It would suck to have a 140lb dog bite you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Awww congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. I can not wait to see photos!!!

In my opinion I would go ahead and get her whatever shots she is short on to date according to her shot records "if" you get them. Just tell your vet you would like him to do a "wellness" check and he/she will give your kitty a good look over.

I am so excited for you! Bringing your first Sphynx home is something you will never forget. And then you will want to bring home # 2, then # 3, etc. Seriously, I can't wait for her to snuggle her warm body up to you and give you her purr that says thank you to her new Mommy for giving her a wonderful, loving forever home.

susi794

Staff member
I am so excited for you! Bringing your first Sphynx home is something you will never forget. And then you will want to bring home # 2, then # 3, etc. Seriously, I can't wait for her to snuggle her warm body up to you and give you her purr that says thank you to her new Mommy for giving her a wonderful, loving forever home.

Well said, Dreaming!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't wait to hear how it went, and see more pictures of Lexi! If your bf doesn't come around, you can always advertise him in the humans to rescue section, lol:LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow I leave to begin my journey to get A-Lexus! I probably won't have a chance to get on SL until I get home on Thursday night.

Waiting until Thursday night to hear from MikkiJean is going to be a long wait for some of us!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
*insert stern mommy voice* That's it Mikkijean, we demand an update!

Seriously, we are dying here,:Laugh:

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
come on mikkijean everyone is dying here lol!!!!!!!!!:LOL:
we want stories, pics , stories , pic and more pics lol, bet you are sooooo chuffed i cant wait for the day i go and pick up my first sphynx kitten :Laugh:

MikkiJean

Lairian
Hey friends!! Sorry for leaving you hanging last night... after over 40 hours of driving I was absolutely pooped and fell asleep as soon as I got Lexi settled in. Of course, this made Miss Lexi quite upset with me and she made obvious to me this morning when I checked on her.

I know you are all very anxious to hear about our journey and I will update you all in great detail a little later today as I am in the process of writing it all out, and I need a few more hours of shut-eye. (and lots and lots of pictures because I know everyone loves pictures)

As of now though, we are at home and safe. Louis doesn't seem to have a problem with there being another kitty in the house as his behavior is still the same and there has been no hissing. Lexi on the other hand has been hissing at Louis underneath the door.

She does have an ear infection but that should be cleared up within two weeks the doc said.

More coming later today, I promise!!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Thanks for all your support so far you all are all great. I couldn't wait to get home and talk to everyone, but then I passed out haha!:Smile:

I'll leave you for now with telling you that she is much more beautiful than I ever could have imagined and those pictures I had before did her no justice! The little chunker is also down to 12.9 pounds... which is a lot better than 14.5 :LOL::LOL::LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So glad you are safely home. But just as importantly you have your first Sphynx! Wahooo!

Go sleep. We'll all eagerly await your next update.

Back