Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

bringing home TWO kittens next month!

dragynflye

Lairian
too bad they aren't both for me!

my breeder contacted me last night. another of her kittens is going to tulsa, which is just a couple hours from me. so, since i am flying out there already to pick up kimo, she asked if i would be willing to bring back the second kitten, as well. i just hope i don't fall in love, since the kitten i will be bring back with kimo is the kitten that was my "second choice"!

i'm going to contact the other person after ariana goes to bed tonight. she said she is willing to "help" with costs. i said something to david about how it would be awesome it would be for her to cover half of the cost, since i put it on my credit card. he looked at me like i was crazy for expecting this woman to pay half. like i said, i haven't talked to her yet, and hadn't put too much thought into it. it just seemed logical to me that paying half what she would have anyways, and not having to make the 8 hour round trip herself, was a great deal. now, though, i'm all paranoid and insecure. what do YOU think is fair? (i have this huge fear of unintentionally screwing someone, so i'm obsessed with being "fair"!)

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So is this person driving to you to pick up the kitten? I would say that she should pay a portion, not sure how much half of your ticket is. I think you are saving her some money so her helping you too would be nice.:Wink:

gizmo6370

Banned
I think that half or a third of the ticket is a great deal....normaly she has to pay for the full costs to ship the kitty to her....:Wink:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I Agree she would be paying at least $200 to have the kitten shipped so why not give you something for ensuring that he arrives safe and sound, along with saving her from having to deal with all the shipping! Sound fair I would ask her:Wink:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think it's very fair to ask. I'm feel that demanding wouldn't be. the other person has no obligation or for that matter concern about your costs, merely their own.

Now any sensible person(or as sensible as we cat lovers can get:Smile:) hears 'I can save you time, money and transport your new kitty in a less stressful fashion, do you want to do that?' They would be thrilled! -- unless they were dead set on seeing the home environment first.

Alternatively, If I heard 'you need to drive to this different place and pay this other person to get your cat' -- I would be rather concerned.

TL,DR version:
That is so cool of you, but i think it's the other person's choice. If they want to pay extra time/money it's not your headache

EDIT: just re-read dragynflye's post. I think fair is what both of you feel is a good deal -- for me saving travel time isn't necessarily worth much(i love road-trips, but saving $ is). If you and the other kitten's person are happy -- then it's fair

Last edited:

TheFlork

Lairian
totally cool to ask for half, it was me i would have already offered! if the deal is you go pick up the cant, bring it back, and then drive it to me, i would pay all of it lol i mean, and just speeking for me, i hate airports, i hate finding my way to new places and i hate hate hate uncertainty when a little life hangs in the balance. Knowing my kitten is in safe hands and being delivered to my hands is worth more then 200 bucks haha and lets not forget the kitten will be in your possession on the plain and not in cargo contracting god knows what.

haha just don't tell any of this to my breeder haha shes sending him with her poor husband and then he has to hop back on the plain home. I wish i had any extra money to help out but i was tapped out on the kitten.

dragynflye

Lairian
i didn't ask her for anything, david made me too self conscious! when she said she wanted to help, i told her to do whatever she felt was fair. she ended up covering a very significant portion of my costs (and yes, she knew exactly how much i was spending)! i'll be picking up both kittens, flying them to okc, where i live, and then delivering the second kitty to her new home in tulsa.

i'm getting ready to spend the next two weeks in north carolina. i'll be very busy, so that should go fast. then, after i get home, there's only a little more than a week until kimo is FINALLY home!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sound like it all worked out:ThumbsUp:
We are going to North Carolina next week:BigSmile: Our best friends moved there back in June so we are going for a visit after Easter.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sound like it all worked out:ThumbsUp:
We are going to North Carolina next week:BigSmile: Our best friends moved there back in June so we are going for a visit after Easter.

Awww i wanna go! Thats where I'm originally from. I miss NC so much!!! What part of NC are you going too?! I'm from the East coast!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I've been there before. You guys will love it there! Mom has been telling me the weather has been awesome. My hometown is about 2 hrs northeast from there but its all the same. NC is the greatest place ever! lol
Ya'll have lots of fun!!!

dragynflye

Lairian
here are the pictures the breeder sent me of kimo and "laurel" last night. laurel's litter is one day older than kimo's. kimo is now up to 2lbs 8oz.

4467922447_73fba0d1e2_o.jpg

4467922439_efb0709a71_o.jpg

susi794

Staff member
So darn cute! Nice of you to do that for the other folks and for those sweet little darlin's.

Back