Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Tale Grude

Lairian
Hello! Again.. :p I really want to bring Kisa with me to visit my Dad on weekends. I'll be staying there for a few days from time to time and would
really like to bring her along. I want her to get used to my dads house so that if have to go away for something she can stay with my dad without it being and unknown scary enviroment. And also I think it's nice to bring her with me when visiting. But I don't know if it will be very stressful for her? But she doesn't seem to be very easily stressed. She just seems curious and happy to observe whatever action is going on. She does get pretty bored in the carrier though, and meows a bit when traveling. But isn't it possible to get her used to being brought along to places without it being bad for her? And used to being in a carrier for little while when going for a to b without it having to be a big deal?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! Again.. :p I really want to bring Kisa with me to visit my Dad on weekends. I'll be staying there for a few days from time to time and would
really like to bring her along. I want her to get used to my dads house so that if have to go away for something she can stay with my dad without it being and unknown scary enviroment. And also I think it's nice to bring her with me when visiting. But I don't know if it will be very stressful for her? But she doesn't seem to be very easily stressed. She just seems curious and happy to observe whatever action is going on. She does get pretty bored in the carrier though, and meows a bit when traveling. But isn't it possible to get her used to being brought along to places without it being bad for her? And used to being in a carrier for little while when going for a to b without it having to be a big deal?
I would imagine it would get easier each time you travel, but its different with different animals, some of our pets enjoy travel, some do not.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
i would take her with me even if you are not staying over night when you visit your Dad.
The more she goes hopefully she will get use to it. Being at his house and comfortable with him.
Then, it won't be as stressful when you leave her.
But, like Admit said, sometimes they just don't like it anyway. You'll know.

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, depends on the cat. We take Neenee to his moms house. She has found a spot near a window she likes and we set up a kitty tent and food etc there. She usually hangs out there but sometimes roams the house and hangs out with us. Give her a safe place to rest, close doors to rooms you don't want them in, an go cuddle with them now and then if they aren't hanging out wig you.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I take Baby Chloe for visits to my friend that has cancer. I also leave her for overnight visits. It's hard on me because I love her so much and miss her, but she brings such joy to my friend. She is completely comfortable there. They have their own little games they play together. I set her up with a litter box just like she has here, provide the same food and take her a couple of her cuddly blankets. In fact I'm pick in her up tomorrow, after letting her spend the weekend. I miss her so much and I've even thought about stopping the visits, it's an hours drive away, but I know the joy and companionship she is providing and I feel it's kinda selfish of me. He adores Chloe, and remarks all the time how she's not a cat. He likes that she will be right with him all the time and how playful and smart she is.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I take Baby Chloe for visits to my friend that has cancer. I also leave her for overnight visits. It's hard on me because I love her so much and miss her, but she brings such joy to my friend. She is completely comfortable there. They have their own little games they play together. I set her up with a litter box just like she has here, provide the same food and take her a couple of her cuddly blankets. In fact I'm pick in her up tomorrow, after letting her spend the weekend. I miss her so much and I've even thought about stopping the visits, it's an hours drive away, but I know the joy and companionship she is providing and I feel it's kinda selfish of me. He adores Chloe, and remarks all the time how she's not a cat. He likes that she will be right with him all the time and how playful and smart she is.

How wonderful you are. That is such a great thing you are doing.
I know you will be and already are blessed because of your kind heart.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Are you travelling by car? You can also get car seat type things for them where they can look around more, but are still secure. Mine do fine travelling by car. Molly gets swaddled in her blanket and barely moves for 3 hours, she just sleeps. Leo likes to move around the car a bit. We put a litter box in the back seat, and set up a bed with a blanket.

Cattitude

Lairian
I used to spend weekends at an xbf's house and would bring my three cats with us. They got used to both places, even if I stayed somewhere for longer than a weekend. Two of them bonded to my ex and preferred his company to mine, so I ended up leaving them with him when we split up. I missed them but know they're happier with him - besides, I ended up with my first baldy, Yoko!

One tip to get your cats used to traveling, is to leave one or two crates open at home where the cats hang out, so they get used to the crates on their own.

rlewis899

Lairian
My girls love to travel in the car. I put a small litter box in the back floorboard of the car, strap their soft carrier in and take off. I do take up their food a couple of hours before they are to travel especially if we are starting a journey that has curvy roads. It does make them a little excited sometimes so I will have to stop to scoop the poop when that happens. Love traveling with them!

Don't you just love when you stop at a rest area and when you return to your car it is surrounded by people staring at your cat. Hahaha! I get the biggest kick outta that!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Aww! Beautiful story, thanks for sharing!

Back