Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sarahmoya

Lairian
Hi,
I notice that lilys tail is not straet.. it has an angel and she cant make her tail streat. And as time pass it gets more and more avioce...
Is it a dirth difec? Has she a broken tail?? Can it should it de fixed?

Thank you

Attachments

• 20160818_102136.jpg
    20160818_102136.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 118

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I notice that lilys tail is not straet.. it has an angel and she cant make her tail streat. And as time pass it gets more and more avioce...
Is it a dirth difec? Has she a broken tail?? Can it should it de fixed?

Thank you
Hello, looks like it could be a fracture or torn ligament, or even a genetic defect of some sort, a vet visit wouldn't hurt, here are a few threads on similar issues:
Bent/Broken Tail??
Tail kink / bent tail on tip genetic
OMG I think her tail is broken!
Broken Tail, Please help

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It sure looks like there is something wrong with her tail. Does she show signs of pain when you touch it? Cause you say she already has it since you've got her, it's likely that her tail was broken when she was little. I would go to the vet to let her tail check. Specially cause you say it's getting worse.
Let us know what the vet says. Hopefully it's not an issue. The she just has a very special tail:)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@sarahmoya her tail is visibly suffering from some sort of problem and needs to be seen by the vet. You don't want this to cause her more problems later on in life. Good luck and let us know what the vet says please.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@sarahmoya , Awh Lilly - sending positive vibes -
I agree with th vet visit - they will most likely do an X-ray

* * My vet has me take a picture of any X-rays with my camera phone for my records or if I need to go elsewhere for follow up

My Batman holds his tail curly bent - it is not broken .
It does not have the same look as Lily's as my reasoning for agreeing with a vet visit -
Could she have got it caught in a door or cabinet door ?

Please please keep us updated
Head kisses to Lily

sarahmoya

Lairian
it doesnt seem to hurt her, she will play with her tail and let me touch it but it cant be straited out; i tryed.
from photo i gor from the breeder befor i got her it look like it was like that from a small age, maybe as she get bigger its more visebal for me and thats way it seems to get worse...
I read that the vet cant help, all said that if it doesnt butter her then let it be... thats pretty much the case here, anyway I will talk to the vet on sunday

Yoda mom

Staff member
@sarahmoya Keep us updated with outcome of Lily's vet visit

here is a pic of my Batmans tail when I first adopted him
He holds it this ways and it is not broken
We call it wormy tail
Other times he holds it straight and it's like a whip

My moms kitty had a kinked bend in the tail and it was just fine
Other times we have seen members kitties with broken tails-
Always best for peace of mind for professional exam by a vet

Hope to see pics of precious Lily amd stories!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 109

Shanebakertat2

Lairian
Dobby suffered some type of tail injury early into my adoption of him! He was clearly holding his close, and was in pain from it - so i took him to the vet... they just gave him 3 days worth of painkillers - and he's been fine since. He's also grown so much, its not even noticeable. It's worth trying to find out what it is, but there's likely not much they can do for it, unless its something completely different!

sarahmoya

Lairian
Dobby suffered some type of tail injury early into my adoption of him! He was clearly holding his close, and was in pain from it - so i took him to the vet... they just gave him 3 days worth of painkillers - and he's been fine since. He's also grown so much, its not even noticeable. It's worth trying to find out what it is, but there's likely not much they can do
for it, unless its something completely different!
@Shanebakertat2
oh my god his is gorgeous!!
he look just like my lily!
if you were living near by they would had have beautiful kittens :))

can he straighten his tail now? lily cant and if i gently try it herts her..
as you said the vet said there is nothing to do maybe its a birth difect and maybe she fall on it..

Attachments

• IMG_6512-1.jpg
    IMG_6512-1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 83

Shanebakertat2

Lairian
Ohhh she's beautiful! her main color is a bit lighter than Dobby, but he's a year old, and he got a bit darker over time! His tail is fine now, you can kinda feel where it was broken, but it still functions normally, and he doesn't have any pain or issue. Sometimes some nerves or things get severed, and it loses function. The vet would be able to tell you more accurately, i'm sure.

Sphynxlover1996

Lairian
Our kitten has this too! We took her to the vets and they said we could either leave it as it wasn't hurting her or get it the end taken off for cosmetic reasons. We've left it and it seems to have healed well, though you can still see where it has broken.

Back