Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Brought home new baby/weird bumps on head

Voodooplus3

Lairian
Hi y’all

I just brought home my first sphynx baby, named him Xeno. He is adorable and healthy and really playful. Any advice or experience with these interesting bizarre bumps on his head his breeder said that he started getting them a few days ago. They aren’t painful or itch to him. And the vet said it’s most likely an allergy to something? And gave him some steroid cream for twice a day. Has anyone every had this? How long did it last and what was causing it? Thank you all in advance!

best,

andrew

Attachments

• B61BABD3-3FDC-48F6-966B-F1D7AC95264E.jpeg
    B61BABD3-3FDC-48F6-966B-F1D7AC95264E.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 26
  • F7745EEF-D8EF-4B28-9AE3-33BCEE8E550E.jpeg
    F7745EEF-D8EF-4B28-9AE3-33BCEE8E550E.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 4B25E450-08CD-4209-8423-EEFD25706016.jpeg
    4B25E450-08CD-4209-8423-EEFD25706016.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 220E1EF3-1BA0-45F9-A0DA-AAA91B4401B9.jpeg
    220E1EF3-1BA0-45F9-A0DA-AAA91B4401B9.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 28
  • 1911E08A-7DF4-4B30-A77E-15F17C001987.jpeg
    1911E08A-7DF4-4B30-A77E-15F17C001987.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 29

Sheldon13

Staff member
It does look like an allergy to me. Steroids are just a bandaid. The best thing to do is try and figure out what he’s allergic to. Most of the time the culprit is food, followed by external chemicals like soaps or perfumes or lotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my what a beautiful little bundle you have there. Welcome to this amazing group of Sphynx Aunties who know so much and great with advice. I too am a new-ish mom of a 1 year and 8month old tot.

Sorry I have no advice on skin issues but had to tell you how beautiful your little one is.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like hives from an allergy. I would be sure to not change anything that the breeder was feeding or the litter they were using right away. It could also be laundry detergent. There are so many possibilities. Agree with @Sheldon13 steroids are just a bandaid. You will need to get to the bottom of what is causing it.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Voodooplus3 , welcome to the lair family. baby Xeno is darling. tell us more about him, change of food, use scented laundry detergents, etc. also, some contracts have a vet check clause within a certain time frame.

any products you have used on him on his head? shampoos etc he could be sensitive too? any other areas?
we are here for you and your baby Xeno.
how is he today?

Voodooplus3

Lairian
Hi y’all

I just brought home my first sphynx baby, named him Xeno. He is adorable and healthy and really playful. Any advice or experience with these interesting bizarre bumps on his head his breeder said that he started getting them a few days ago. They aren’t painful or itch to him. And the vet said it’s most likely an allergy to something? And gave him some steroid cream for twice a day. Has anyone every had this? How long did it last and what was causing it? Thank you all in advance!

best,

andrew
It does look like an allergy to me. Steroids are just a bandaid. The best thing to do is try and figure out what he’s allergic to. Most of the time the culprit is food, followed by external chemicals like soaps or perfumes or lotions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the response. Interesting, yeah the steroid/anti-biotic is animax ointment (nystati-neomycin sulfate-thiostrepton-triamcinolone acetonide) I’m putting twice a day morning and night. On day 2 of 10 and no results yet but since bringing him home he has new bedding, litter, wet, and dry food so hopefully in next few days it’ll clear up.

Voodooplus3

Lairian
@Voodooplus3 , welcome to the lair family. baby Xeno is darling. tell us more about him, change of food, use scented laundry detergents, etc. also, some contracts have a vet check clause within a certain time frame.

any products you have used on him on his head? shampoos etc he could be sensitive too? any other areas?
we are here for you and your baby Xeno.
how is he today?
Hi thanks for the response. Interesting, yeah the steroid/anti-biotic is animax ointment (nystati-neomycin sulfate-thiostrepton-triamcinolone acetonide) I’m putting twice a day morning and night. On day 2 of 10 and no results yet but since bringing him home he has new bedding, litter, wet, and dry food so hopefully in next few days it’ll clear up. Lots a variables so I’m paying extra close attention. I haven’t used any shampoo yet he hasn’t had his first bath

Voodooplus3

Lairian
Looks like hives from an allergy. I would be sure to not change anything that the breeder was feeding or the litter they were using right away. It could also be laundry detergent. There are so many possibilities. Agree with @Sheldon13 steroids are just a bandaid. You will need to get to the bottom of what is causing it.
Thanks for the response. Interesting, yeah the steroid/anti-biotic is animax ointment (nystati-neomycin sulfate-thiostrepton-triamcinolone acetonide) I’m putting twice a day morning and night. On day 2 of 10 and no results yet but since bringing him home he has new bedding, litter, wet, and dry food so hopefully in next few days it’ll clear up.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
nope I am feeding him dry and wet wellness core/hills science diet. His breeder was feeding him fancy feast

My guess is the food change is causing this. Look at the ingredient and see what varies.many have issues with chicken being the main ingredient. What is the primary ingredient in the fancy feast one you were giving compared to the new? It might be as simple as switching a flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back