Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Brought Mika to the vet today... :)

ElinOline

Lairian
Hello everyone! :)

Just thought I would give you a small update, and pictures!!

We've almost had Mika for a month now! (The time has gone so fast!)
She is doing great! A happy little kitten :) She doesnt complain when we go to work anymore either, and she greets me when I get home from work (probably because she wants more foooood) :) Must be hard sleeping and looking at the aquarium/out the window all day... :D ( kind of wish I had a life like that!)

yny6unub.jpg
ygepahej.jpg

This week we have a dog (Milo) visiting us, as the owners is on holiday in the UK. The first day Mika wasn't very happy about it, hissing everytime she saw or heard him. But now, after a couple of days, she acutally walks up to him and only hiss at him if she thinks he's to close (wich normally is 10 cm from her face :p) All in all I would say that is good progress, right?? When I bring out her string toy with a bell, she don't care about him at all, exept when he gets in the way :giggle:I'm just happy the dog is smart enough to know that Mika is the boss (of all of us...:p) and keeps enough distance so Mika wont reach him with her paw :) We will separate them whenever we're not home, just in case :)

Today I brought her to the vet for her 4 month vaccine and microchip, and I must say...she was brilliant! Even the vet was supprised that she didn't cry or act up more when she inserted the chip, as most cats do, but then again, this was her first time meeting a sphynx. :p I think Mika was very calm because she is very trusting with new people, atleast I'd like to think so! ;)

Now she is just relaxing after the trip to the vet :)

More pictures:

u2avyveb.jpg

ubuha4u8.jpg

9unuru8y.jpg

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
What a nice update and good pics! Glad to hear Mika is doing well. Funny how such a big dog knows better than to mess with the boss...lol.

Patti

ElinOline

Lairian
@Catzzzmeow Yes it is fun to watch that big dog backing off, even if Mika only moves her front paw a tiny bit:p

@andeanar I do like to pretend that Im still the boss though!

Mika is yet to figure out how to get on top of the aquarium, its closed so she wont be able to dive in, but it is a small opening where the automatic feeder is, at best she could fit her paws in but thats about it ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395064171.659089.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I see trouble in the making...lol. We had a 10 gallon fish tank years ago with a cover and Loki (who was a terror ) some how pulled the filter in a way that it pumped all but 4 inches of water out of the tank and on to the floor. I was ticked!

patti

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh I see trouble in the making...lol. We had a 10 gallon fish tank years ago with a cover and Loki (who was a terror ) some how pulled the filter in a way that it pumped all but 4 inches of water out of the tank and on to the floor. I was ticked!

patti

Oh this sounds all too familiar with our Loki! He's a little monster when it comes to the fish tank. Simon (the fish) hides when he sees Loki come in the room, smart little fish!

ElinOline

Lairian

patti

Well Mika now has found a way to get on top of the aquarium. So far she is only looking at the fish and closing the gap on the automatic feeder, so we have to make sure they get fed by controlling the feeder :p
Other than that she has been pretty good..so far.

Another picture of our little monkey cat!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396260238.371522.jpg

:)

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a beautiful little lady!

My sisters sphynx is actually friends with her fish, they sit and stare at each other its really kind of cute! I think that the heated top of the tank help!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Year as ago I had a fish tank and the cats loved to watch all the fish but one day Loki figured out how to open the tank and he spent the day fishing. I had about 3 fish left when I got home. He ate the Cory catfish and left me a dead pile on the floor of the ones that were not to his liking.
Your girlie is very pretty. Glad to hear she is doing well.

Back