Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Brown dirty skin

Quincyazzario

Lairian
Hey guys! I’m new here! I just got a baby Sphynx around 3 weeks ago and her name is Ivy. She’s the cutest, wildest thing. Her breeder fed her raw food but I haven’t had the chance to cause I’m living in Hungary, half an hour away from Budapest and the only “Barf” shop is in Budapest. I’m very busy all the time so I can’t get her on a raw diet cause I’m constantly traveling around 200km to a new piece of land me and my boyfriend got. We are turning a castle like house into a jungle themed restaurant and it’s a lot of work. Of course I take her and my pug franky with me every time so I don’t have a fridge at hand to keep the raw food in so I have changed her diet. First I started giving her canned food and all it caused was diarrhea so now I’ve changed to dry food and the poop is finally normal but her skin gets so dirty in just 2 days! Her breeder told me that with raw food she’d never really have to bathe any of her Sphynxes! Can you guys help me out?
0000F249-A521-49FF-A728-C4EBD8DC3E86.jpeg

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome! Your baby is adorable. Often if you do not rinse them fully they get dirty literally in a day or 2. You might notice it is in the hard to rinse places like neck, tummy, armpits etc that get the dirtiest the fastest. So best rule of thumb is when you think you rinsed well, rinse one more time. Also be sure it is clean water you are rinsing with and not the weather in the tub. @Quincyazzario

Sheldon13

Staff member
Agree with the above.

Also, there are freeze dried raw options that would be more portable. You just rehydrate them with water before serving. Here in the states o use Vital Essentials, not sure what you have available in your country.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Great advice given. What a beautiful girl you have.