Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Brown spots on body

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Curious to see what others think of it. If it were stripes I would think just dirt that comes back quickly but tgem being spots makes me wonder.

Curious to see what others think of it. If it were stripes I would think just dirt that comes back quickly but tgem being spots makes me wonder.
I know it’s very strange I took my kitten to the vet and nothing they couldn’t figure out what it was ! She wasn’t very helpful

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I know it’s very strange I took my kitten to the vet and nothing they couldn’t figure out what it was ! She wasn’t very helpful
Most of the time spots are pigmebtation. But then they wouldn't disappear when you bath your kitten.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Do you use scented litter?
Some can be sensitive to litter

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Not sure if you can get it where you are but I use Breeders choice litter it is made from recycled paper and I have had nothing but success with it. It controls odors pretty well and Orpheus thinks the pellets are amazing and basically just a box of toys haha
You can also flush them if you want to.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KrazyKatLaddyy , checking in for updates

(Many use dr eleseys unscented litter in the blue bag )

(Btw, my rottie baby has an uncomplicated umbilical hernia since a pup- never bothered him and never needed surgery )

Have you asked your vet about the brown spots?
They may be able to do a skin scrape test and chime in on the umbilical hernia

Keep us updated often

Last edited: