Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

brown spots on the belly

Viktor

Lairian
Hi guys, my kitty Elke has brown spots on the bally and inner side of legs. After bath it vanishes for one or two days. Can you help me? My vets is not experienced in Sphynx breed and its special care.

Thanks.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Viktor,
Welcome to Sphynxlair! Do you have some pictures of the spots? That helps sometimes. These cats do secrete oil that can collect in different spots of the body and would come clean with a bath. Pictures would help.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome, yes pictures would help, but I am going to say you have A dirty kitty on your hands:Surprise: being that it is gone after A bath.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome Viktor and Elke! And it does sound like dirt spots to me also--they are dirty little things! But you have to love them!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Viktor, my sphynx cat Piglet gets those spots, too....it's just dirt and oil build up. They usually disappear after a good bath. Oh, and by the way, welcome to this forum!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Viktor and Elke!

Sophie gets like that on her underside and they always wash off too.

NeonLily

Lairian
My kitty gets those sometimes, too. Especially on the insides of her back legs. Try to make sure you wash your cat weekly. Sometimes it may take a bath or two to get the spots off, but they do fade over time and with regular washings. I have had the same issue.

skudra

Lairian
I have no time to read all comments, but I can tell my experience - we found out that Alexes brown spots on the belly is from sleeping on computer monitor :Laugh: we still have one old school, and it has small ventilation holes, that's the reason Alexes spots appears right after bath. But if they washes down, no need to worry, it's just the dirt.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi, Mo sometimes gets these as little rings of dirt around his nipples bless him! But it washes off too! He does have some little freckles too, some sphynx can develop freckles (But obviously they would'nt wash off!!!)In fact he's always had a little black freckle on his lip since he was a baby, cute!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi, Mo sometimes gets these as little rings of dirt around his nipples bless him! But it washes off too! He does have some little freckles too, some sphynx can develop freckles (But obviously they would'nt wash off!!!)In fact he's always had a little black freckle on his lip since he was a baby, cute!

Sophie gets that too- little rings around her nipples. I feel bad but I don't want to irritate them. The dirt does wash off though!

bkutchak

Lairian
Hello<

My guy has the brown spots as well. When we got him, they were more pronounced. Now he doesn't have as many but they "travel" to different areas of his body. The older he gets, the more he has! I thought it was like age spots!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello<

My guy has the brown spots as well. When we got him, they were more pronounced. Now he doesn't have as many but they "travel" to different areas of his body. The older he gets, the more he has! I thought it was like age spots!!!

Our Leo gets them as well, they appear to be sun spots perhaps.

Back