Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hillary

Lairian
Hello!

First time posting here:) but I was hoping somebody may have an answer for me as I've been worried about little brown spots on Normans paws lately.

I have not changed his food in any way, He eats Halo organic chicken dry food and sometimes Halo wet food from time to time. I noticed the spots about a month ago and have been watching them very closely, they are not raised, seem to bother him in anyway and havn't appeared to grow since I've been monitoring them. However, within the past week or two the other paw is seeming to grow the same little brown spots!

Really hoping somebody may have an idea as to what they could be?

axcgoj.png

wc1zb5.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Hillary , welcome to the lair family !
Your boy is adorable! What is his name?

My girl gets irritations in the same area . I have no idea of the source. But hers are not brown .

I have a prescriptions for Entederm ointment I apply amd it clears it up

I also apply vetericyn spray for any skin issues - I like it bcz it is non toxic

Have you showed your vet the pictures?

Sphynx Skin Conditions

Hillary

Lairian

I have not yet taken him to the vet for it but am going to make appointment this week just to make sure all is good.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Hillary sometimes brown spots can be yeast related .
Does he have any spots on his belly or other areas?

Love his name Norman!

Keep us updated often!

Head smooches!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sometimes mine get something similar to this because they sit near a heat source at length.
Norman is a cutie

Hillary

Lairian
nothing other than in the exact spot on both paws, he loves the window so I was thinking maybe sun spots? But I will take him in just in case it is anything more serious

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello I can’t help I’m sorry as I am a new Naked babies mum
Just wanted to say Norman is a very handsome young man indeed !
Take the advise you have been given these ladies know their stuff concerning sphynx
Babies
Massive hugs
Anita & Cleo xx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Norman is a handsome and cute boy.

My boy Toa gets the same spots on a regular bases. I use vetericyn spray to keep it clean and let it heal.

Hillary

Lairian
Thanks so much for the suggestion! I ordered some last night and will definitely try that:) Just to clarify its the Vetericyn all animal wound and skin spray?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Norman is a cutie. I don't have any other advice other than what others have said. Just wanted to send some healing vibes, and let you know that Norman is a cutie – but you already knew that :)

Back