Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bubba Bear got his angel wings today . Forever and Ever in my soul

Yoda mom

Staff member
Heart Shattered. ... the angels suddenly and unexpectedly called his name today..
Zolo Bubba Bear got his angel wings today.
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

It was soo sudden. last night we cuddled and belly rubbed enjoying lovin in our favorite spot behind the house by the pond. Life was good.
This morning he got up and walked to go eat. He drank water and turned around and collapsed like he had stroke, rear legs gave out, paralysis like rear from waist down.
I rushed him to my vet. She said It was neurological. It was not diabetes. He was diagnosed with horners syndrome about a week ago. not sure if related , will never know if it was a brain tumor.
I went and got him a dairy queen icecream his favorite he had when I brought him home as a puppy. I came back and we cuddled tight, shared stories of all the love known in this world and lots of his favorite belly scritches n head kisses. His ears doing best to catch my tears. He cuddled his head in my lap like we did a thousand times.
I kept my promise to Bubba Bear to be his voice when he needed me most. To take the pain so he does not have to. I told him it was okay to rest and thanked him for sooo much love over the past 8 years. he smiled and rested his head on my lap with a lick and deep breath. He finished his DairyQueen icecream leaving me one bone in the cup. we cuddled tighter with kisses n belly rubs.
Bubba Bear got his angel wings peacefully in arms. His soul forever in my heart. If there was no great love, there would be no tears.
Fly Free my Bubba Bear. please find the others and your friend Yoda cat that got his angel wings recently. I promise to give extra kisses to your forever friends at home,. and extra scritches to your twin brother Sam who I am praying for too with his medical issues.
"Until Then" my bestest Bubba Bear. I will be Remembering the Love,
1f339.png
, soo much love. My heart is with you forever and ever.
Rest in Love beyond measure.
1f339.png

Zolo Bubba Bear 12/25/12 - 10/5/21
1f339.png
20210929_171258.jpg
20211005_122629.jpg
20211005_121556.jpg
20211005_123150.jpg

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh darling I am so sorry. So many tears. You poor poor darling. We are ALL HERE FOR YOU to comfort and hold you. Thinking of your baby getting his wings. We are here for you anytime you need to call talk or cry. Sending much love.

Rachlp

Lairian
Oh wow, this bought special tears to my eyes.

May bubba bear Rest In Peace and know that bubba bear is forever grateful he got to pass so peacefully in the arms completely loved by you and you are absolutely awe inspiring!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Tammy I am so sorry your angel gained his wings. He knew nothing but your absolutely love and that is everything. I will light a candle this evening in memory of your special boy. Fly high baby boy your wings will carry you over the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs are sent Tammy.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh no! My heart breaks for you. So very sorry for the loss of your beloved boy. Lots of hugs. He had a wonderful life with you. He knew nothing but love. Keep on to that thought.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry you're going through this so soon after losing Yoda. We went through a similar double loss in quick succession earlier this year with Susuwatari and Tyr so have an inkling of how you're feeling. You gave (and give) all of your babies the best possible life and you kept your promise to Bubba Bear, which is easier said than done when faced with that decision. My thoughts are with you. Xx

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My heart is breaking into pieces for you sweet friend I write this with a huge lump in my throat, you have had to deal with so much this last few months and my heart hurts so badly for you! May Bubba find the others and Yoda who you recently lost at Rainbow Bridge❤

I am so truly sorry for your loss, sending to you a very very big virtual hug.
I am so sorry sweet friend ❤❤

Sheldon13

Staff member
You are such an amazing mom. Your babies are incredibly lucky to be so loved! I mean, an ice cream cone for goodbyes? What a way for a pupper to go out right before leaving for heaven.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 and all thank you.. my heart is raw... and yes, icecream for his journey was a treat... he was controlled well diabetic for almost 2 years but couldnt have dairy queen. it was a true treat for his flight in the arms of the angels. when I opened my eyes after his ears caught all my tears, Bubba Bear left me one milk bone in the cup.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending big comforting hugs to you during this difficult time. So glad that he got to have his dairy queen treat one last time.

Aryasmum

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, so unexpected. What a beautiful see ya later you gave him. You are such a great mom. I read a poem once and they asked the cat how he died and he said all I remember is getting a big hug from my mom and then I was here. Praying for you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
yesterday was a heartfelt day. Bubba Bear was cremated . I went outside to watch the night sky. took my breath away when I looked up and saw the moon with planet Venus and a shooting star. I sat quietly in the dark holding him in my heart soo tight. and now the song with repeated lyrics part " nothing but the love " "nothing but the love" at this very moment as I write and share this photo.
20211009_193726.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
Godspeed my faithful friend Bubba Bear. Your body released today at twelve o'six flying free today in the arms of the angels. I am holding your collar soo tight Remembering the love, soo much love on our journey of every mile , cuddle, belly rub, by my side. Today when I got the call, I sat on our favorite spot out back and lit a candle. you will be home in my arms soon.

Attachments

• 20211015_123045.mp4
    12.5 MB

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so very sorry and I'm sure so hard to go through, but you are such a great mom, you took care of him in the best way even when it came time to let him go. Fly free Zolo Bubba Bear and look after your mom from over the Rainbow Bridge!
Rainbow Bridge.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
thank you everyone for being there for me and your support and kind words. means the world to me. hope to bring Bubba Bear home tuesday.

@Sheldon13 , thank you for the beautiful words in your card I received today.

@Catzzzmeow , thank you for the kind words in your card and beautiful feather with glitter touch on the quil I received today... hold it near and dear to me along with the candle you lit for bubba bear. so special to have the feather from the photo.
20211016_113925.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
20211029_124526.jpg

my heart aches immeasurably missing Bubba Bear beyond words. after all the mix up with the crematory I didn't have the heart to use the corrected name plate after they miss spelled the first. it was just a painful reminder. I decided instead to have his own name tag made from etsy seller who made Yoda cats recently. I got a beautiful card from the vet and staff signed with the kindest words. my vets words specifically were soo personable written for bubba bears diabetic journey and care beyond expectation for each of the other health challenges we faced together over the years. my heart is so raw, teary eyed, I just couldn't save him.

Back