Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Buck is eating the clay litter!

Shmeeps

Lairian
Help! When Buck gets in the litter box to sniff around for the perfect pee spot he usually comes up with a little stuck to his nose. He recently decided to lick it off and eat more from the box! He's not eating the litter critters, just the litter. It's not like he's chowing down on it but I'm afraid his intestines will get blocked. I'm also afraid to reprimand him because he may shy away from the box altogether. I'm hoping it's a kitten thing and that he'll grow out of it. Besides changing the litter,does anyone have any other ideas? Experience with this?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
That stinker. Did you consider trying a new type of litter ? Cats eating litter has sometimes been contributed to a vitamin/mineral deficiency, but in your case, sounds like a behavioral habit more than anything. If you are concerned, have some bloodwork done.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I would definitely suggest you change litters to something less dangerous to eat. There are a lot of good corn or wheat based litters out there that would make a good replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back