Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bump on cats leg

Capri

Lairian
New developed bump on Capris leg, it feels kind of like cartilage. Can anyone help identify what this could be?
IMG_2849.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2855.jpeg
    IMG_2855.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2856.jpeg
    IMG_2856.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 7

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Was it by chance rabies? Which vaccinate? Either way we have seen a bump occur a couple of weeks after in some. I asked if rabies because typically that one is administered in the back right hind leg area.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Capri , checking in for updates. you mention he had vaccination on 2/17. as mentioned rabies vaccination usually given right rear leg. we have seen some get a lump after vaccination that goes down on it's own.. you can call and check with your vet for peace of mind.
keep us updated. hugs n head smooches

Capri

Lairian
Was it by chance rabies? Which vaccinate? Either way we have seen a bump occur a couple of weeks after in some. I asked if rabies because typically that one is administered in the back right hind leg area.
Hi, yes. It was the rabies! It bubbled up when he first got it, then he had an allergic reaction. Now the bump is back!

Capri

Lairian
Hi , yes it was the rabies but the bump went away and now it’s back. He has a visit on the 11th so I’m trying to see if it is okay to wait that long since he seems to not be affected by it

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t freak out. We see it often. Keep taking pics of the area to reference/share with vet…most times it goes down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back