Bump on tail | Sphynxlair

Bump on tail

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Health & Nutrition' started by Jenniferd, May 1, 2018.

1. Jenniferd

JenniferdLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $441.28
    Ratings:
    +30
    hello
    I just noticed a bump on my cats tail. I believe it was close to or near the rabies vaccination. I have scheduled for my cat to get her teeth cleaned, get a bump removed from the nipple area and a biopsy of the bump on the tail, all of these procedures I’ve scheduled to do all at the same time during the dental so I don’t have to put her under a number of different times. The vet recommended that we do an aspirate or biopsy on the bump on the tail but she doesn’t have any availability until June. I read somewhere that something like this should be treated quickly. We won’t know if the bump is cancerous until the biopsy and if it is, they will amputate the tail. I am ok with all of this, but I’m not ok waiting 5 weeks. Cancer spreads and even though I don’t kno for sure and I don’t know how long the bump has been there, I’m very anxious about waiting 5 weeks! I’m considering having the procedure done with another vet at the practice, I’m anxious about that as well because I’ve only seen the same vet for the past 9 years. Thoughts, opinions, suggestions? I’m leaning toward getting the procedure done sooner with a different vet at the same practice and just talking with the new vet ahead of time about my concerns and wishes. Thanks ahead of time for your support! I’ve posted here mostly during health crisis!! Thanks again.

• Hugs Hugs x 1

• Jenniferd

JenniferdLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $441.28
      Ratings:
      +30
      Anyone with experience with this type of issue?

• Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $419,133.17
      Ratings:
      +31,645
      • Scary sphynx
      Can you post a pic of this specific bump by tail? Usually the rabies vaccine is done in the rear right side.

• Jenniferd

JenniferdLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $441.28
      Ratings:
      +30
      It’s the area where I circled. I doesn’t seem to be on one side or the other and it’s hard to see. I only note ced it because I felt it. It’s not prodruding and it seems like it’s somewhat movable maybe just a cyst. She’s going on Friday morning for dental, removal of the thing by her nipple and biopsy of the tail bump. I’m so anxious and scared.

Attached Files:

• Hugs Hugs x 2
      • Jenniferd

JenniferdLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $441.28
        Ratings:
        +30
        I’ve uploaded a photo

• Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
        $419,133.17
        Ratings:
        +31,645
        • Scary sphynx
        It could easily be a sebaceous cyst. We had a boy who got one on his back and the vet did best to just leave it alone. Let us k ow how the biopsy goes.

• Like Like x 1