Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bumps around the mouth?

oliveandalex

Lairian
My little Rosie has these two bumps around her mouth. They're kind of hard, has anyone seen anything like this before? They just kind of showed up over the course of a day. She does get bad blackheads, not sure if this is related.... and recently-ish (I think November) had most of her teeth extracted. She doesn't seem lethargic at all and they don't seem to bother her. I've attached a picture of the bumps, and a picture of her face before they appeared. Does anyone know what this could be/how I can help her? Thank you!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 8.15.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 8.15.31 AM.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 8.20.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 8.20.57 AM.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 60

Yoda mom

Staff member
@oliveandalex , can take a pic and show your vet ? Possibly related to the extractions?

Head smooches to Rosie ..... Such a sweet adorable face

Please keep us updated often

@Catzzzmeow , any suggestions on the lumps?

oliveandalex

Lairian
@oliveandalex , can take a pic and show your vet ? Possibly related to the extractions?

Head smooches to Rosie ..... Such a sweet adorable face

Please keep us updated often

@Catzzzmeow , any suggestions on the lumps?

We took her to the vet today, they seemed to think it was some sort of allergic reaction. Possibly from her feeding bowls. Right now we are using ceramic for water and stainless steel for food, going to try glass dishes and see if that helps. Vet didn't seem to be too concerned though, which is good! We've got some antibiotics and some antibacterial/anti-yeast salve to help the healing process.

Poor baby, she just had most of her teeth extracted in November, just got over a rash and now these lumps! Can't catch a break.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos to you for getting her to a vet ASAP. Glad they feel it is a simple fix...happy healing vibes are sent.

Back