Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Busy

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with SL much. School started, and between school and work and single motherhood and single pethood I have been pooped when I get home. I have been lurking and posting now and then but I can barely keep my head up while typing this. I miss you!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hang in there Mel. You are much more disciplined than I. I got a bottle of pinot grigio with your name all over it. Monday's a holiday. I hope you have Monday off to catch your breath.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do have Monday off! I have to go pick up the new kitty on Tuesday which is a 4 hour drive each way. Then back to the grind! Taking 15 credit hours and working 30 hours a week! What have I got myself into?!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't worry, Melonie, I haven't been able to visit Sphynx Lair as much as I used to, either, especially as I can't access it from my workplace anymore (work browser issues). I try to get on when I can during the weekend when I get a little time (on weekday evenings, I'm usually too tired to go online, especially after 10-hr work days). This weekend I will have some time to be on SL as my boyfriend is out of town (I'll miss him but...).

Hey, I'll be getting my new sphynx on Monday, too! Fortunately, my drive won't be as long...only just a little over an hour. :ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't worry, Melonie, I haven't been able to visit Sphynx Lair as much as I used to, either, especially as I can't access it from my workplace anymore (work browser issues). I try to get on when I can during the weekend when I get a little time (on weekday evenings, I'm usually too tired to go online, especially after 10-hr work days). This weekend I will have some time to be on SL as my boyfriend is out of town (I'll miss him but...).

Hey, I'll be getting my new sphynx on Monday, too! Fortunately, my drive won't be as long...only just a little over an hour. :ThumbsUp:
Man, this just ain't fair. You guys are making me so jealous! Butterball needs a friend!! Good luck with your new sphynx sydkat7!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Taking 15 credit hours and working 30 hours a week! What have I got myself into?!!

By my reckoning, that's a 75+ hour week! you have my sympathies, and some free advice:

never let the housework slide -- with a load like that , just a couple of times of 'I'll pick that up tomorrow' can quickly become overwhelming.
Don't feel guilty for letting some social obligations slide -- again huge load.

If you need a virtual hug, come and post an update here:LOL:

:hug: good luck!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man, this just ain't fair. You guys are making me so jealous! Butterball needs a friend!! Good luck with your new sphynx sydkat7!
I agree, El Gato, Butterball does need a sphynx buddy. Wish I could get a sphynx for you, too. :Sad:

Bella07

Banned
It's alright Melonie, SL misses you too. You'll just have to be sure to share us with news of Santana when you bring her home! Good Luck

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My house is thankfully picked up most of the time. I just need to clean the kitty litter that the cats have tracked all over. Other then that I have been home so little that nothing is getting dirty LOL. After work I go to my elderly grandmother house and helping her out before I come home. So I don't get home until about an hour before bedtime. It has been crazy for sure! So far I have been doing my homework at the school, as I have 3 hours during the week where I am at the school but not in class.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I am picking her up at DIA but I won't be there until Tuesday. I have to meet my sister at 11am which means leaving my house soo early YAWN because she is giving her dogs to me as a trial run. Yes, I know I am not home much, but she isn't either and is moving to a non pet friendly house and wants them to stay in the family. If they don't work out here they will go to my grammas house. My sister works a lot so they are used to being home for long time by themselves. They are older too. I do come home for lunch already so they will be let out. I just would have to come home and get them before going to grammas in the evening. Also, dogs are allowed at my work so I may take them there if they would be quiet and nice.

Then I pick Santanna up at the airport at 4:00 ish but she said that she might be early. As soon as I pick up Santanna I will drive back home. I assume I will leave at 5-6am and get back 9-10pm BLAH!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It is a crazy time of year with so much going on. Rest up. It sounds as if you are going to have a long wonderful day on Tuesday. I can't wait to see more pictures of Santana.