Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Butthole???

Okay, I feel weird asking this question, but I gotta. Google searches haven’t turned up anything and I’m concerned, hopefully over nothing but here it is:

When naked cats poop, should you be able to see the inside of their butt tissue?? It’s kind of hard to explain, but it’s like her outer butt skin pushes out, but then there’s also maybe 3mm of red inner tissue that comes out. I’m worried maybe this is a minor prolapse or something. I’ve only had my baby home two months and I think maybe it’s more now than when I got her, but I’m not sure.

Also, she closes her eyes when she poops. Is that normal? Do you think it could mean she’s in pain??? Thanks so much in advance!

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The eye closing is totally normal. I would think the red stuff is too. It takes a good amount of pushing to have a normal BM! Are her poops crazy large? Is there any blood? If she’s acting completely normal, eating, drinking, you’ve got nothing to worry about!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I have seen it on ours as well. It’s normal, but alarming the first time you see it isn’t it lol.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I totally understand your concern. I was chocked too the first time I witnessed this. That you are concerned and searching for info and asking about it, that's what makes me happy! You're a supreme cat mommy!