Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bye bye Litter Robot

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have had the open air litter robot for over 2 years and I have to say I have loved it. Unfortunately our boys have recently grown accustomed to jumping on top of it and it throws off the mechanism and it will not rotate every time making it more work than it is worth argghhh. Any one else’s baby jump on the orb and throw it off?

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No, they leave it alone. It is not by anything they can jump on top of it from. The only thing that usually happens is that Wolf pees and then wants to poo and it about ready to cycle because he get out in between duties.
And we had to take off the stairs because Anna sometimes would pee on the stairs. So they are in the basement because one day she will be in heaven and we can use the stairs again. Just being practical not morbid because she has HCM and is 9 years old.
But, ours just broke and I opted to replace the base. I am going to have the old base have what they call a tune up. It is 159 dollars and they tear out all the electronics and put in new. Eventually, we would like to get another for the upstairs. It has really cut down on litter use.
I'm sad to hear you have to say goodbye to your litter robot....

Last edited:

meandmytwo

Lairian
Could you build a box or table (or find one that fits) to put over the top and around the sides of it? Perhaps with corrugated plastic sheets or acrylic sheets you could fashion a custom cover, like a box really, open on the front for access. Or wood if you want it to look like furniture. Just four legs with a table top. Or use a wire shelving unit (or any material, plastic) the appropriate width with the lowest shelf adjusted to just above the robot . :) Know how much you love it!

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We talked about that, but our home is small and it already took up a lot of room. If we had a basement it would have been great and not an eyesore on top of it. They seem happy with another top entry box in its place. Hubby works from home so he’ll be doing extra scooping now lol.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Will a "litter box hack " like an end table fit over it ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    7.6 KB · Views: 10

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sad to hear that the litter robot is out of commission. I know from browsing their website before that they do sell the custom cabinets to go around them, but it seemed way too expensive for what you're getting. Between $139-189 depending on which one you like. Although, perhaps it would be worth it for what the machine it self costs to begin with if it meant it would save the machine!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t justify putting more money into a fix when the top entry boxes and hubby doing an extra scooping will do the trick lol. We are planning on some renovations in the house in the near future, so perhaps it was meant to be to clear out the area it was in. The robot really is huge so gaining back the area is pretty cool. It blocked off an extra vanity/sink so now we gain access to it again which is great for getting ready in the mornings.

Back