Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

California meet up CFA Stockton Show Jan 15th

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If anyone is interested in coming to Stockton for a meet up I will be there and Sphynxie said they are coming also.

Bella07

Banned
Have fun you two :ThumbsUp: And don't forget to take lots of pictures to share with us after the show!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Anyone else want to come.
I will be showing Kona my bombay and bring a sphynx as exhibition.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kelly is not showing Nudie yet but I will explain how a show works and she can watch me show Kona.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes I'm just going to observe and learn this time:BigSmile: I will bring my camera for lots of SL photo posting though!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok I will bring Wrinkles since she is from Janice.
BTW I met 2 guys at the show last weekend and they just got a kitten from Janice last month.
They named him Yuki.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I look forward to meeting her:BigSmile:
What a small world, what color was Yuki?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They said he is white.
Jokers Bootie is his sire.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Kelly is not showing Nudie yet but I will explain how a show works and she can watch me show Kona.
You will be such a wonderful resource for Sphynxie. Will this be Konas second show?

Yes I'm just going to observe and learn this time:BigSmile: I will bring my camera for lots of SL photo posting though!

I think you have the right idea. There really is a lot to absorb. Going on a trial run without having to worry about Nudie will make things easier on you, not to mention shadowing M2M will be a priceless opportunity.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I changed my mine and entered Wrinkles in the show also.
She will not beat the other sphynx though but Kelly will be able to watch me show a sphynx.
This is Konas first show.
She was exhibition in Nov.
I am not used to showing cats with fur lol

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I changed my mine and entered Wrinkles in the show also.
She will not beat the other sphynx though but Kelly will be able to watch me show a sphynx.
This is Konas first show.
She was exhibition in Nov.
I am not used to showing cats with fur lol

You are so sweet. It will be very good for Kelly to get first hand ring experience watching a Sphynx be shown. Wrinkles might not outshine the other Sphynx in the ring but she always shines here at SL.

I hope Kona does well Saturday and doesn't take any tips on how to interact with the judges from Cleo! What kind of grooming/key things you have to do when showing a Bombay?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here breeder told me to give her a bath on the weds before shows with any shampoo with oatmeal.
You know what I am not sure what else to do and her breeder is busy.

Chamois cloths are supposed to be good to use because they get the coat buffed up nice and shiny, and get rid of the static. I see alot of people using them with the Aby's and whatnot.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am going to get one.
Someone suggested darkening shampoo also.
The count is so low for this show.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just got back from the show and meeting Jacky for the first time. It was great to see my first cat show and how things work. I wasn't able to stay long as my kids were sick at home and I had to get back. Jacky was very kind and helped me with a lot of pointers on showing. I saw Wrinkles and Kona being judged- very cool. Here are some pics I took:
-Jacky's show set-up

-Jacky with Wrinkles and myself

-Wrinkles

-Kona

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm so glad you two were able to meet up. The shows sounds like it went very well and that you both enjoyed yourself.
Congratulations on the wins.