Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Can anyone assist me in my search for a Bambino?

Bambinofanatic

Lairian
Hello! I've come across this form while searching up some facts on Bambinos-- this community seems to be knowledgeable, and I'm hoping to get some connections, opinions, and facts on these naked munchkins.
I'm located in Hawaii and have been searching for a reputable Bambino breeder within Hawaii or in a rabies-free country (New Zealand, Australia, etc) to make the import process easier on my kitten.

So here are my questions...
Have there been any bambinos known to get HCM?
Do they have back problems? (I've read that so far there have been no problems. Maybe due to a flexible spine, but I'm not sure if what I'm reading is outdated)
And finally, does anyone have connections to reputable bambino breeders in Australia, or another rabies-free country/territory?

Thanks!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. I don't know much about bambino's and I don't live near your area so only chimed in to wish you luck on your search. Hope you find a bambino soon!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome. @Introducing ourselves recently joined the community and has a 2 year old name bambino. Perhaps they can share some info with you. I tagged them in hopes they see it. I am also tagging @Jocy24 as they experience with the breed as well.

Patti

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there, just saying a welcome, too! I live in Australia, so I will keep an eye out,
All the best with your search! And again, a big welcome! This site is extremely supportive and a great resource for all naked related questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's really strange, I am certain I gave you a link in my post. Anyway, I will PM a breeder. I'm not sure they will ship long distance, but it's worth looking into. Their cats originated in Russia, so you might also like to try a Russian breeder. They are not rabies free, but still may have options for domestic exports.

Bambinofanatic

Lairian
That's really strange, I am certain I gave you a link in my post. Anyway, here's a good place to start with an Australian breeder. I'm not sure they will ship long distance, but it's worth looking into. Their cats originated in Russia, so you might also like to try a Russian breeder. They are not rabies free, but still may have options for domestic exports.

That's actually the only breeder I've found that I can definitely qualify as reputable with bambinos in Australia. I've made contact with them and it looks like it'll be a while before they get bambinos, and if they do, probably not in the colors I'm looking for :(

My reason for searching for babies from a rabies-free country is because when you import an animal there's a 180 day quarantine period, or a 5-day-or-less program for a qualified pet. Qualifying a kitten takes up to 10 months. I'm mostly scared that such a long quarantine would change the behavior of a kitten. I imagine it's very stressful and scary.

Thank you for your input, if you have anything else to add please let me know :happy:

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh gosh, @Bambinofanatic that's a long time. I would definitely not consider importing if it was so long, it would be terribly stressful.

I hope you're successful in your search. I waited over 5 years before I got my little Rosie, just taking the decision to buy, but she was well worth the extra thought and contemplation. Maybe get on a wait list for the Australian bambinos, it might be worth it if there really are so few options for you. But still, that's an enormous journey for a little kitten, which I would be hesitant to do without some careful thought and planning.

Bambinofanatic

Lairian

My reply might have been a bit ambiguous, when importing from a rabies-free zone there is no waiting period. Just the long journey over is stressful enough, I'm sure. I would definitely travel to the baby and take it with me on the plane. I've been contemplating a kitten for 2 years and finally have decided to get one. I didn't anticipate finding one to be so hard, but it will be worth it.

Your baby is beautiful, by the way! Red and white sphynx are stunning.

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Bambinofanatic aww, yes, thank You! Rosie is a little angel. I sure think she's beautiful :D

That's fantastic if you would travel to get your new baby! Rosie had a two hour interstate flight when we got her and I was fretting for days before worrying about how she'd be on the plane. She arrived a happy, purry, content and cuddly little bundle, totally unphased by her trip, thankfully. But being able to pick yours up would give you great piece of mind and at least you could say hello beforehand, then they would have a somewhat familiar face at the other side.

Back