Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Can i clean skin with babywipes?

vladtdr

Lairian
Ok so my baby needs to stay put about a month because he had back surgery... My question is what can i clean his skin with? Cause i cant give him a bath and he is really filthy already and smells like urine because he pisses himself... Is a non scented baby wipe ok to wash his skin? or what else?

Attachments

• IMG_20160812_105748.jpg
    IMG_20160812_105748.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 134

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@vladtdr oh your poor little baby! Hope his recovery will go well.
Non scented baby wipes are perfect to clean your boys skin. You can put the baby wipe in hot water and them wring it out so the baby wipe is not so cold on the skin. You can also use a washcloth to clean him but without using shampoo it's difficult to clean his skin.
Sending healing vibes to your boy!

MereB

Lairian
Oh my goodness your poor baby :wideyed::eek::jawdrop: I hope is recovery goes well.
You will be fine with the unscented wipes or a face washer/washcloth in quite warm not hot water.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@vladtdr ,healing vibes sent to you boy -
What is his name?

I use a pitcher of warm water with baby face clothes in it with a tiny squirt Of Hylyt Shampoo
for in between baths cleaning.
It is soap free , hypoallergenic , smells great.
I have never had skin issues with this method.
I get it online or at my vets office.

Please keep us updated on his recovery -
Healing head kisses sent to him

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 115

vladtdr

Lairian
@vladtdr ,healing vibes sent to you boy -
What is his name?

I use a pitcher of warm water with baby face clothes in it with a tiny squirt Of Hylyt Shampoo
for in between baths cleaning.
It is soap free , hypoallergenic , smells great.
I have never had skin issues with this method.
I get it online or at my vet's office.

Please keep us updated on his recovery -
Healing head kisses sent to him

His name is dobby:D. My boyfriend's mom came to visit him and I didn't sleep at home, I tried to bring him with me but in the home that I stayed(my mom) he went crazy, not just once, attacked me, my 9yr sister and my mom so I had to take him home. Long story short my boyfriend's mom left the window open even thought my bf told her not to like a million times, and he fell 6 stories, we had tot take him in Hungary, because here in Romania no one could operate him. As I said I live in shitty Romania so I can't find high-end stuff, I will try to get some unscented baby wipes from the store hope I find something ok.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@vladtdr oh wow, unbelievable story, I'm so sorry this happened, but glad he is alive and was able to get the surgery he needed. I wish him the very best with a speedy recovery as well.

You've already been given good advice. If you can find a baby wipe that is alcohol free, then I'd use that type.

MereB

Lairian
Awwwww Dobby, I love it :) It suits him I think.
Wow 6 floors, he's one very luck boy to still be with us. You're doing a great job if you cant find wipes a nice soft cloth and water will be fine for spot cleans. It wont do a perfect job but it should be enough to keep the stink and dirt at bay until you can bath him again. Plenty of owners like to use baby bath "soap" the kind that doesn't hurt your eyes.
Good luck and please keep us updated with how you baby boy Dobby is healing. Hopefully he wont be in so much of a hurry to get outside again, like EVER.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@vladtdr wow 6 floors. It's a miracle Dobby survived. You myst have been so scared specially cause you needed to go to another country to get him operated. Glad you found a vet who could help him.

Hope you find the baby wipes. Otherwise you could try a washcloth with a very small drop of babyshampoo.

Sending lots of healing vibes to Dobby

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh my. Bless his little heart. That's so sad.
The picture, is pitiful. I pray he recovers quickly
and he isn't suffering. Does he eat and drink good?
Does he have pain meds? So sad.

vladtdr

Lairian
Yes he is on antibiotics now, he has painkillers just in case but he is not in pain atm... Yea Romania is very shitty, i went to the biggest supermarket here and a farmacy, and couldn't find non-scented babywipes. Can i use alcohol free ones for babyes i found those? Or do they need to be non-scented?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@vladtdr I told you above to use the ones without alcohol. If anything, just wipe down after the scented baby wipes with a dampened washcloth.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@vladtdr , Awh Dobby - we are sending speedy recovery vibes and hugs to your mum!

Do you have johnson baby wash ( not the shampoo). available in your area?
You could use a few drops of the Johnson baby wash very very diluted in a big pitcher of warm water and wash cloths

I am so sorry products are hard to find - I know you love Dobby very much traveling all over to find stuff for him amd traveling for his surgery - Bless you for giving him the best of love and care -

I do understand how "accidents " happen amd can relate bcz my boy fell in the toilet after I told a family guest a zillion times to keep the toilet lid down - not as a severe in comparison but I can relate -

Please keep us updated often -
Gentle head kisses to miracle boy Dobby

Let us know how the non alcohol wipes work -
Or if you find a baby wash product to extremely dilute in warm water for wipe downs

What do you use for his regular baths before his fall?
Is it possible to extremely diluted it in water amd do wipe downs?

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@vladtdr I think most important is that the baby wipes are without alcohol. That they're scented is nog big issue. Your boy probably won't like the smell:). You can use a wet washcloth to get the smell of him.

vladtdr

Lairian
Tnx for all the advice guys, yea sorry i asked twice but i thought that they absolutely had to be non-scented. Yea i have Johnson's baby shampoo but i will go and buy some non alcoholic non alergenic wipes i saw yesterday in the supermarket. Btw i am his Dad not his mom he has 2 Dads, we are a modern family i guess :)). Tnx again for all your advice and love. Today we go to the vet. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@vladtdr we have so much mommy's here on sphynxlair we always asume someone is a mommy. Good to know you're a daddy:). My boys and girl are a bit jealous that your boy has two dads cause they have non:).

Are you going to the vet for a check on his progress?

vladtdr

Lairian
Np :) i thought u looked at my name. Don't worry, one loving parent is better than none.. so yea :) .Yes he wanted to teach us how to move his legs and to change his bandages, also there is a supermarket near the vet, and i said ok let's see if they have some non scented wipes there with no real hopes, and guess what? They had!!! I was so happy:).

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Happy healing vibes are sent to your sweet baby. I can't even imagine how stressful this must be seeing him like this. Glad to hear they had the wipes.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@vladtdr , ((Hugs))) to both of you :) and speedy recovery head smooches and vibes to Dobby - I am so happy you were able to find the wipes -

He will feel better too with his baby wipe "sponge bath"
Extra treats n kisses - looking forward to positive updates on his recovery -
You are lair family - here for you - I can't imagine how stressful this has been -
Glad the vet will give you demonstration on how to change his bandages-

*if possible, you can video tape with camera phone the vet's bandage change demonstration to take home as a reference-
After a few times doing it yourself ( from personal experience ) it does get easier - main thing is to make sure it's not too tight.
For medication , I like to use a pill dispenser and small plunger filled with water -( squirt water slowly in side of cheek after polling to make it go down easier )
The vet gave me the pill dispenser small plunger when I asked .

Please keep us updated often on Dobby's recovery

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@vladtdr sending all my best that he makes a speedy recovery. It's so unbelievable that he survived that fall. You are a terrific daddy and he's very lucky to have you. Please keep us updated on his progress.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@vladtdr ah that's a good thing that the vet is teaching you how to move his leg and change his bandage. Is he able to walk or does he have to lay down all the time?

Glad to hear you found the unscented babywipes.

Lots of cuddles for Dobby.

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My goodness- my heart just aches for little Dobby. That picture of him made me tear up. I sure hope he is on the healing path now and no longer in pain. It is amazing he survived that fall.

Dobby is a sweetheart that has two kind and loving daddies to take care of him. Sending light and love to you all!!

Back