Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Can I post this for Neala the kitten

cchloerun

Banned
I don't know if I can post this link to Neala's page, but I had to try. This poor little girl has a great chance at surviving the surgery she needs in order to live!

Neala needs surgery... She needs it now...

If she does not get surgery immediately, she is at a very high risk for aspiration pneumonia as well as permanent nerve damage to her esophagus.

The cost of surgery is $3000 and the aftercare is estimated to be another $2000.
She has a 75% chance of surviving the surgery and a 90% chance of recovering normally if she survives.

We have never shirked our responsibility as breeders and have always went the extra step to take care of our kittens as well as their new owners. We have spent thousands of dollars at the vet and always reinvested every dollar we have made from our kittens back into our cattery. We are asking for your help this time, though... Without surgery, Neala cannot get enough nutrients to support her growing body, as the picture to the left shows... She is getting thinner and thinner on her gruel diet consisting of kitten milk and Science Diet A/D. She still regurgitates even this mixture more often then not...

Please, if you can donate even $5 towards Neala's surgery, we will be eternally grateful. Even if you cannot donate, please share Neala's story with others!

We promise to keep those who donate updated on her surgery... We will post daily pictures until she is recovered as well as videos and updates!

Last edited by a moderator:

cchloerun

Banned
Neala is 50% to her goal for surgery!

If you can't send a donation, please send a prayer for her! If anyone has any ideas on how to pass along her story, please let me know, or email it to the animal lovers in your life:Call:

cchloerun

Banned
nealaneedshelp.jpg Hope this works- this is Neala

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am also.
If everything goes well I will get to meet her at a show.
I got many sphynx people to donate and other people.
It is so nice there are still people that care.
I did have to defend Trish because some people got nasty.

I am also.
If everything goes well I will get to meet her at a show.
I got many sphynx people to donate and other people.
It is so nice there are still people that care.
I did have to defend Trish because some people got nasty.

I think it was great seeing so many people that care about a wee kitten that they do not even know. I was happy to donate as I know so many others were. I feel like somehow, we are all part of Neala's "support family" - sending prayers, thoughts, donations, advice, comfort, etc.

It is too bad some people had to get nasty. There always has to be people like that out there but that dose not take away from the good that has been done.

I can't wait for you to get to meet her at a show and hold little Neala and give her snuggles for all of us!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for keeping us updated M2M. I wasn't able to donate much on my own, but I'm glad that together with other donations it helped.

I'm sorry to hear that soem peopel got nasty with Trish and were not supportive of what she is trying to do. Fear of being scammed may have prevented some people from opening their hearts to trust. Maybe next time they will let love rule and be a part of something nice.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I donated but could not donate that much either.
The surgery should be now and I hope she makes it.
Trish said they would know in 3 hours and she posted that at 8:30.
It is already 11:30 here.
I have never met Neala but I still cry for her.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Neala's precious face tugs at my heart strings. My heart broke when I saw a picture of her after she stopped thriving and began to lose weight. But what warms my heart the most is seeing what Sleepyheadedkitten has put herself through. She made a promise to this kitten to do her best to care for her and not only has she kept her word to Neala, but has gone above and beyond the call of duty to try to save her. I am very impressed and proud of her commitment to her cats.

cchloerun

Banned

Me too :Cry: I just want to hold her and tell her everything will be ok. I ran around the house and then work with her story page up on my netbook yelling, "look at this little one! Yes, I know she doesn't have any hair! She needs help NOW!" half of the people looked at me like I was off my rocker, the other half donated! Yaaay!
I keep refreshing Trish's FB page, as my stomach is in knots. I want her to come out of that surgery strong!
I am still sending my prayers, and thankful that so many strangers pulled together to give this little soul a fighting chance.
Bless you, Neala<3

cchloerun

Banned
Neala made it through surgery!!!!!!!!!!!

Trish Sphynx NEALA MADE IT THROUGH SURGERY!!! Her initial recovery was touch and go because she was getting too cold, but they said they stabilized her and she is DOING GREAT!!! SHE MAY COME HOME TOMORROW!!! Permission to crosspost granted!!!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You guys made me cry...

She has made it through surgery and she is recovering :) They have all kinds of things to keep babies warm, but like the tech said, it's not so easy with a tiny thing. But she sounds like she is recovering with style now that her body temp is up :)

I am going over tonight to see her and will post pics to the blog and probably Facebook. Much love headed out towards all of you for your support.

Me too M2M. My heart just goes out to her. She is a very loved girl and I think she has become a special kitten for many of us.

She is very lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy to do so much for her. It says so much about Trish as a breeder and a person.

Way to go Neala! Keep fighting!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't know if I can post this link to Neala's page, but I had to try. This poor little girl has a great chance at surviving the surgery she needs in order to live!

Neala needs surgery... She needs it now...

If she does not get surgery immediately, she is at a very high risk for aspiration pneumonia as well as permanent nerve damage to her esophagus.

The cost of surgery is $3000 and the aftercare is estimated to be another $2000.
She has a 75% chance of surviving the surgery and a 90% chance of recovering normally if she survives.

We have never shirked our responsibility as breeders and have always went the extra step to take care of our kittens as well as their new owners. We have spent thousands of dollars at the vet and always reinvested every dollar we have made from our kittens back into our cattery. We are asking for your help this time, though... Without surgery, Neala cannot get enough nutrients to support her growing body, as the picture to the left shows... She is getting thinner and thinner on her gruel diet consisting of kitten milk and Science Diet A/D. She still regurgitates even this mixture more often then not...

Please, if you can donate even $5 towards Neala's surgery, we will be eternally grateful. Even if you cannot donate, please share Neala's story with others!

We promise to keep those who donate updated on her surgery... We will post daily pictures until she is recovered as well as videos and updates!

You are an amzing person. If only all breeders were as caring for you!

Back