Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

candidae

LittleNakeys

Lairian
Hi guys, I recently switched my 14week old kitten from Royal Canin (breeder to blame) to Candidae kitten formula and he's been pooping more than usual. Not only is he pooping more, he's also been farting more. And both of them smell SO bad. Could it be the food change or has anyone had similar experience with this food?

Thanks!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
It could easily be the change in food. Did you just switch completely one day? If so, it is recommended to slowly switch so their tummies can get accustomed to it. Another issue could be the new food is too rich for them.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@LittleNakeys , welcome to the lair family! Hope to see you an active member with us and share an intro and pics !
Both of them ? Hope to see pics of your babies - names?
Your avatar pic is adorable!c

Are you feeding Canidae Pure kitten dry food?
I fed my Bengal years ago their " Felidae" now called Canidae too
With no problems after doing a slow transition

I have been a long time feeder of Canidae to my woofers - even before Canidae had a website :)
Canidae has their own plant now in Ethos, Tx and is very helpful if you call them.
They sent samples and coupons - I am trying the pure adult samples now as treats

Their pure line dog food is 5 star meat based

Were you able to do a slow transition to Canidae ?
Week 1 3/4 old food, 1/4 new food
Week 2 1/2 old 1/2 new
Week 3 1/4 old and 3/4 new
Week 4 new food.

I am currently feeding my sphynx Nutrisource cat and kitten in the blue bag -
NutriSource Cat & Kitten Chicken Meal, Salmon & Liver Formula Dry Cat Food, 16-lb bag - Chewy.com
I had to do an immediate switch bcz previous Acana food changed formulas
I have had no poo issues and cleaner skin and ears
Cat Food, NutriSource Cat and Kitten Chicken, Salmon, Liver

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

LittleNakeys

Lairian
I did change his food a bit more drastically than I wanted to. I didn't want to buy another bag of Royal Canin, so I mixed the remainder of it with the Candidae. I hope this is the issue. Other than his tummy problems he's perfectly healthy and playful. Thanks so much for your input.

Back