Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cant find a food that works!!

Ugghhh it's been a year since having laulau and he is still suffering from diarrhea, he was eating royal canin sensitive digestion kibble and pristine organix squishy food all was fine till he started throwing up and having the runs along with his rash getting worse. We did the fecal test came back negative then vet said to switch diet to z/d diet, his rash pretty much went away and NO more throwing up but still runny poops, one member said it is low in fiber so that could be why. Our newest lil 5 month old was on the same diet laulau was on when we first got him but changed him to z/d since laulau was on it. Kahiki now has diarrhea wich I know is some what normal due to the change but I would like to find them both different foods. We also give them sardines and that has helped the lose stool sometimes.... please help! I'm so sad they both are going thru this....kahikis poops also didn't smell bad in the evening but now since on the z/d their super smelly just like laulau.... :(

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Laulau hat was the breeder feeding that he was used to ?
alway recommend a slow transition . I usually take two weeks to slow transition food .

My crew couldn't handle too high protein % food or grain free!
I switched all 4 nakids to Nutrisource grain inclusive (no recalls touted for gut health ) not sold in my small town . I get online at Hollywoodfeed.com. Several others sell online
There is a store locator on their site too
Cat & Kitten Chicken Meal, Salmon & Liver Cat Food - NutriSource Pet Foods
I can now finally free feed n go without skin or poo issues - even my IBD Bengal is doing great on it after Sooo many food trials!
It can take 12 weeks or so for a food trial to see if it works
Be sure not to do too much switching right away .
Mine will get soft poo too if they eat too much wet food . So now they share a can and free feed kibble

Such a delicate balance to find a food that works especially in multicat households .
All paws crossed!

Last edited:
I was looking at that food before I switched to z/d maybe I'll switch to that....the breeder was feeding the royal canine but ended up switching because laulaus rash got real bad and was throwing up and having loose stool, weird tho cuz it was all good but I guess he just grew out of it

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Laulau keep us updated often
My IBD Bengal does great on it too! For over a year I tried to get her relief -
It had 5% fiber amd even my picky picky Sphynx looooves it
Now I can even free fed and go all paws finally
A lair full of positve vibes
We get it . The food tummy poo stuff is a frequent topic

Have you asked the vet about a PCR test ? For any parasites ?