Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Can't take much more!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So has everyone knows it;s been a rough couple of weeks in my house!
A real roller coaster of emotions!

Yesterday Elfie threw up for about the 5/6th time since her surgery but it was a very bad episode.
Since her episode yesterday she had been reluctant to eat.
I've giving her things that I know she wants, like yogurt and pumpkin just to make sure she has something in her system and doesn't dehydrate herself.

I went up to bed last night at around 9:30 to curl up and read, Elfie came with me and laid flat out on my chest and stomach and didn't move an inch all night.
In fact she didn't even wake up for breakfast this morning, I had to lift her off of me.

I brought her up breakfast in bed, about an ounce of meat with a large spoonful of pumpkin. She didn't want to eat it at first so I got back under the covers and and put her in my lap to eat and she ate about 3/4 of it.

I an appointment this morning so I curled her up in bed on the pillows and to this point she still hasn't moved.

I brought her up a bowl of miked yogurt, pumpkin and cat milk to make sure she is eating but it took me about of sitting with her, for her to eat even half of it!

I have called and spoken with the Emergency Clinic and as soon as my sister (the vet tech and sphynx mom) gets back into town in about 45mins we will be running up to get blood work done!

I really don't know how much more of this I can handle!
I lost my Skully less then a year ago! I cant loose Elfie too ............

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Try to stay positive I know it's hard these babies are special and bring out the worry but worry isn't going to help her or you or make things better all its going to do is make things worse. Take your baby to the vet and let him do what he needs to do to get her healthy again. Keep us update will be thinking positive thoughts for you both

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm trying very hard to stay calm but it's getting very hard not to panic when every time I turn around we are taking another 2 steps back!
I cant stand when my little ones aren't feeling well, and with the loss of one not even a year ago I just keep seeing the worst! :cry:

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So many hugs your way for you and your precious ones, plus a little nuzzle for Elfie. Hang in there. You're doing everything you can, and the vet should shed some light on what's going on. It's possible Elfie got into something too. These nakeds sure know how to worry us.

Thinking of you today. Please keep us updated. Hugs.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I will be looking for your update. I know how stressful it is and after losing a baby everything is intensified. Hoping they give her some subcutaneous fluids and perhaps anti nausea med. Often after throwing up food seems to be a huge turn off.

Patti

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh no! I'm so sorry for you and Elfie. I can imagine your worried sick because of all the thing Elfie's getting the last weeks.
I hope the vet find out what is wrong with her.

Sending you a lot of hugs! Keep my fingers crossed and be thinking of you and Elfie.

My dearest Queen Elfie,

What can I say? I'm so devistated about the news that you're not feeling well again. Like your human I'm worried sick about you. What is wrong with my strong and beautiful queen? Oh how I wished I could help you. If would give my left paw for a medicine that could make you feel better!

Please saw the vet what is wrong with you so they can help you.

Your knight,

Ross

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I hope Elfie starts feeling better and they can figure out why she feels so poorly! Perhaps the sore on her back in contributing to her feeling unwell.

Jen

Sphynx Asylum Mom

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We used the kitty glop recipe when Sobe was so sick and would not eat and it took time but it worked great. @admin or someone may have the link to the recipe as I can't find it but know it is on here. We also went to the feed store and got powdered electrolytes and was able to syringe feed her some of those mixed with water...kinda like kitty Gatorade.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Really sad to hear she is struggling so much, I hope she improves soon. Thoughts with you. I will look out for updates

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Alright so the blood work is in ...

They checked ever level they could think of and she is in the exact middle range of everyone every single one of them .. on paper she is PERFECT.

So that was no help, we moved on to x-ray.
BINGO

She is so crazy backed up its no wonder she didn't want to eat. So she was given an injection of kitty laxative, with some pills to help loosen things up over the next few days.

She pooped in the back of my sister new SUV on the way home so clearly it's working, and she was very happy to see her dinner tonight. Here's hoping she keeps it down!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
yay such good news !!!!!!
Maybe with her throwing up sometimes, its the food ? Our Cornie was picky about his meats , it seemed like anything with fish he puked up right away and chicken. He did really good on a beef and turkey mixture .

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would think maybe a combo of anesthesia, pain medicine and soft foods probably were the culprit. That's usually what happens to people after surgery, so it probably extrapolates out to cats as well I would assume! I'm sorry for your sisters car but it's just a little cat poop. It's not like it was HUMAN VOMIT. Just sayin' she's a little cat.

Anyway, I hope she continues to get better. If you have coconut oil in the house, you could let her lick a few drops. When I bathe my two, they always get a head start and try to lick the coconut oil, and it's good for digestion.

Jen

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm starting to think it's just a really big combination of everything!

Toothless coming home, her broken tooth, her surgery and having to be put back under that same day, her huge skin reaction to the metacam.

It's a lot for a poor little naked to take ya know!

I keep coconut oil on hand, they get it twice a week. I will be adding it tomorrow for sure.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Continued healing thoughts for Elfie :)
Think positive - great news all her blood levels were normal! Yah!
Positive Vibes and more - ((( hugs))))

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Look who's sleeping soundly for the first time in a week!
image.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So happy it's nothing major. Whew. What a relief... again. You may have to deal with some errant poop in tenet whi.e but so worth it for her being better. Hugs hugs hugs. Now go have some wine.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We used the kitty glop recipe when Sobe was so sick and would not eat and it took time but it worked great. @admin or someone may have the link to the recipe as I can't find it but know it is on here. We also went to the feed store and got powdered electrolytes and was able to syringe feed her some of those mixed with water...kinda like kitty Gatorade.
Here is the thread with the Glop recipe - http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/fattening-up-brian-glop-recipe.21934/ :)

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you to everyone!
I know that I have had more then a few threads going lately, so thank you thank thank you to everyone for helping keep me sane and calm (as calm as was possible any way)

Elfie was going well this morning and I never thought I would be so happy to see poop in all my life!
But there was indeed a huge poop in her box this morning!!!
She was happy to eat this morning, but we are going to be trying to feed her 5x a day small meals for the next week or so to help her digest a little better while the meds are doing their thing.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sooooooooooooooooooo glad you have finally found out what was
goin on with her. She has had her share. Now that's enough.
Stay well healthy and happy Elfie.

Back