Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Can't wait for my new kitty!

for_serious

Lairian
Hey everyone! My kitty is still with it's mother because it is only about 7 weeks old right now. It's a blue and white male (the one in the photo) and I absolutely cannot wait until he gets here in March!! When I did some research on sphynxes back in November I knew I had to get one. My 17 and 19 year old cats passed away recently and I thought it was time for another addition to the family.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! What a cute baby boy! You will love having a sphynx. I got my first back in October and it's been non stop fun and joy. She makes me laugh every day. Sorry to hear about your other cats. Glad you found us!

for_serious

Lairian
Thank you very much for the welcome! Haha about the name... I'm so indecisive about it but I do have it narrowed down to these ones:

Darwin
Apollo
Milo
Niko
Yoshi
Petri
Zaid
Henley
merlin
Meeko
Otto
Chase
Draco
Benson
Brody
Burton
Cohen
Watson

But I'm not sure yet!

bogulina

Lairian
Congratulations on your new cat!

I am new and I am so happy to find this forum. I don't have a sphynx, however, I am actively looking for one. My issue at this point is--I am freaking out about not knowing that a cat may be cross-bred and I would not find out until later, when it becomes severely sick. I live in Illinois and I would appreciate if someone would be able to recommend a reputable breeder within driving distance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I am new and I am so happy to find this forum. I don't have a sphynx, however, I am actively looking for one. My issue at this point is--I am freaking out about not knowing that a cat may be cross-bred and I would not find out until later, when it becomes severely sick. I live in Illinois and I would appreciate if someone would be able to recommend a reputable breeder within driving distance. Wisconsin. Does anyone have any comments?

WELCOME!!!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you very much for the welcome! Haha about the name... I'm so indecisive about it but I do have it narrowed down to these ones:

Darwin
Apollo
Milo
Niko
Yoshi
Petri
Zaid
Henley
merlin
Meeko
Otto
Chase
Draco
Benson
Brody
Burton
Cohen
Watson

But I'm not sure yet!

i like watson,brody&meeko...my fav is watson!!!!:ThumbsUp::Wink:

for_serious

Lairian

I am new and I am so happy to find this forum. I don't have a sphynx, however, I am actively looking for one. My issue at this point is--I am freaking out about not knowing that a cat may be cross-bred and I would not find out until later, when it becomes severely sick. I live in Illinois and I would appreciate if someone would be able to recommend a reputable breeder within driving distance. Does anyone have any comments?

I don't know if Michigan is too far for the drive but that's where I'm getting my kitty. She is so knowledgeable and is up for answering any questions you might have. All of her kittens and cats are tested for illnesses as well. Check her website out!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello for serious and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your new sphynx kitten! I hope you enjoy the site!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone is interested in a particular sphynx breeder or cattery please just mention area or state, etc. and if any member has recomendations, please use our PM (private messaging) system for breeder information. We do not list catterys or breeders on sphynxlair.
Thanks,:Laugh:
Admin

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If anyone is interested in a particular sphynx breeder or cattery please just mention area or state, etc. and if any member has recomendations, please use our PM (private messaging) system for breeder information. We do not list catterys or breeders on sphynxlair.
Thanks,:Laugh:
Admin

You've took the name out of the posts but left it in the quoted posts. :Pudently:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome!

I'm new to the website too and have found it really helpful and friendly.

With regards to the names I love Watson and Henley.

Enjoy your new kitty!

X

dragynflye

Lairian
welcome! i'm new, too, and waiting for my baby to come home, too! i'll be waiting a bit longer than you, though, my little one is only four weeks old.

i like darwin. i've always wanted a critter named darwin. besides, you can't use watson, it's already taken:
4254371225_3d3a332d41.jpg

i'm just joking, my watson would be more than happy to share his name! :LOL:

MJ101108

Lairian
I like the name Darwin too. When I got my male cat Sebastian that was one of my favorites that I had picked out. Congratulations on your kitten I can't wait to see more pictures of him.

Back