Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat exercise wheel

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
From those I have seen that do have them, their cats still need someone to use a toy to encourage them to run on them. That is why I opted out. I can give my crew a good workout with a laser or toy for a fraction of the cost.

Patti

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've seen a sphynx family on Instagram who has one, and there's seem to really enjoy it!

We looked into one because we thought it would be really neat, but the one they had and we looked into was very expensive.
They are also pretty large. So we just figured instead of spending the money and chancing that they wouldn't use it...we would continue to play with them everyday with their wands and lasers :)

Here is an image of one @GoldHazel
$_35.JPG

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've seen a sphynx family on Instagram who has one, and there's seem to really enjoy it!

We looked into one because we thought it would be really neat, but the one they had and we looked into was very expensive.
They are also pretty large. So we just figured instead of spending the money and chancing that they wouldn't use it...we would continue to play with them everyday with their wands and lasers :)

$_35.JPG

@Nicolemorgan thanks for showing me. Yes, it's larger than I expected it to be. Even though my nakeds play with everything I've ever bought them, I'm not 100% sure that I'd want to chance it either if it's expensive and really big. Maybe one day I'll put a gym in my house and get one of these so the nakeds could workout along side me. LOL (I'm a dreamer)!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

@Nicolemorgan thanks for showing me. Yes, it's larger than I expected it to be. Even though my nakeds play with everything I've ever bought them, I'm not 100% sure that I'd want to chance it either if it's expensive and really big. Maybe one day I'll put a gym in my house and get one of these so the nakeds could workout along side me. LOL (I'm a dreamer)!

Haha, now THAT would be a good idea!
Both on the treadmill at the same time ;) Heh

Toa and Ross

Staff member

$_35.JPG

That looks great. But I think my three wouldn't to anything with it:)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I know that my nakeds would be on it within two seconds of seeing it. Would they know what to do with it and like it? That's the million dollar question. LOL

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I agree @GoldHazel my girls would be on it and very curious, but they just would not want to go for a run. You can see even in the pic, the person is luring them with a treat. I see others with toys. For a fraction of the cost I exercise them with toys. I also like the interaction/playtime I have with my babies and I like to think they do too.

Patti

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I agree @GoldHazel my girls would be on it and very curious, but they just would not want to go for a run. You can see even in the pic, the person is luring them with a treat. I see others with toys. For a fraction of the cost I exercise them with toys. I also like the interaction/playtime I have with my babies and I like to think they do too.

Patti

@Catzzzmeow I totally agree. Even IF they went on it for a run, how long do you think they'd be running for? Two seconds?

ilovedirt

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's mainly for Ernie because he's gotten a bit chubby lately. We play with him, but are also away a good portion of the day. It's pricy, so I'm reall hesitant to run out and get one. Really looking forward to the review @Yoda mom

Yoda mom

Staff member
@ilovedirt , @GoldHazel it's official all paws up :)
I got a reply of the stargate exercise wheel
She says her boy looooves it - runs at night in it and can hear it
She just introduced other kitties to it amd it is a hit with them too!
All 3 love it

She chimed in thst a friend has the same exercise wheel too amd her boy loves it too!

I may have to find room for a stargate for xmas!

*** she uses a laser pointer to introduce them to it - and they hop right on and run

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@ilovedirt , @GoldHazel it's official all paws up :)
I got a reply of the stargate exercise wheel
She says her boy looooves it - runs at night in it and can hear it
She just introduced other kitties to it amd it is a hit with them too!
All 3 love it

She chimed in thst a friend has the same exercise wheel too amd her boy loves it too!

I may have to find room for a stargate for xmas!

*** she uses a laser pointer to introduce them to it - and they hop right on and run

@Yoda mom thank you very much! :) :) :)
Using a laser pointer is an excellent idea to get them running on it at first!
I swear...my house is filled with only kitty stuff. Every single room...all over the house! LOL Toys, tunnels, scratching posts, litterboxes, cat trees, cat beds, blankets, etc., etc., etc.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom come to think of it, I even have a scratching post in the master bathroom! Haha!

I'd just be concerned that my skinny guy would be the one to love it the most and not Miss Violet or Alastair who are the two that need it most. Hmm? Gotta think about this some more now.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , I have a home made fishing leader with 3 bells attached on my mans high boy dresser
Wait till I mention the stargate for his man cave Lol :)
Perhaps I can put in my gym section by my elliptical and spin bike! I can put on music and have me and sphynxis can work out together to music :) yeah Batman! Though I think he would just sleep in the exercise wheel -
He is pretty laid back amd doesn't care a lot for toys

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel , I have a home made fishing leader with 3 bells attached on my mans high boy dresser
Wait till I mention the stargate for his man cave Lol :)
Perhaps I can put in my gym section by my elliptical and spin bike! I can put on music and have me and sphynxis can work out together to music :) yeah Batman! Though I think he would just sleep in the exercise wheel -
He is pretty laid back amd doesn't care a lot for toys

@Yoda mom putting it the gym makes the most sense. LOL Besides, I'm not sure if your man wants to hear the wheel going 'round and 'round while he's trying to watch sports on t.v. LOL Although, he is obviously very tolerant of your four-legged children. :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , I think I might be pushing it for an xceroces wheel in the man cave :)
They already hog his lap , his pillow , walk on top of him opin bed to get spanked, watch him shave , steal his hairbands when I do his hair in a pony tail with multiple bands going down - Claire bare helps A lot!
Take toys in his shower to step on , try to drink his diet Pepsi or lick the can , the list goes on with these 4 monkeys!
Macie Bengal is much more lady like :)

The stargate mentioning might beam me to the moon lol! The sucker looks really big!
Not sure I can pull thst one off having it set up at home " surprise honey"lol

Oh he already hears Batman snore so maybe the excercise wheel at 3 am would go unnoticed lol

momdeeze

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have the FastCat wheel for my stud in his stud house. He ABSOLUTELY loves it an uses it ALL the time. The girls occasionally use it when they're in with him too. Both my husband and son scoffed at me when I bought it from the kickstarter. Mortimer uses it so much we are on our third set of Rollerblade wheels that it sits on. FastCat replaced them no charge and upgraded the wheels the third time so they don't wear down so quickly now.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel , I think I might be pushing it for an xceroces wheel in the man cave :)
They already hog his lap , his pillow , walk on top of him opin bed to get spanked, watch him shave , steal his hairbands when I do his hair in a pony tail with multiple bands going down - Claire bare helps A lot!
Take toys in his shower to step on , try to drink his diet Pepsi or lick the can , the list goes on with these 4 monkeys!
Macie Bengal is much more lady like :)

The stargate mentioning might beam me to the moon lol! The sucker looks really big!
Not sure I can pull thst one off having it set up at home " surprise honey"lol

Oh he already hears Batman snore so maybe the excercise wheel at 3 am would go unnoticed lol

@Yoda mom yes, maybe you are right. After all the things they do to your man, putting the wheel in his man cave just might put him over the edge. LOL Then again, I have a thought! If you do surprise him with it, tell him that you got it for the kitties so that they would leave him alone and explore their wheel instead! LOL

Back