Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

cat in tree, no one wants to help!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Why me??? There is a cat that has been stuck 50- 60 ft in a tree for SIX days now! It's not my cat, why do I even care? No one else seems to! grrrrrrr, I am so tired of being confrontational and having people mad at me! My husband is annoyed, because I threatened the fire dept with bad publicity, and that makes his job harder! They told me that the cat would come down when it's ready! It has been six days with no food or water, in 90 degree heat, I betcha it's ready! So I called the local news media, they are coming out to do a story today, I hope that ALL the tree services who wouldn't bother to help, and the fire depts are named. Mostly, I hope someone will see it and help before it's too late. Where is the compassion? There is a little girl watching this cat die, and her community is doing nothing about it, so why should I bother??

Wow, I guess I am a little angry, lol, I needed to vent to some fellow cat people.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! that is horrible! Cats cant go without food for that long, after 24 hours without snacking they start to get liver problems. Im surprised it has lasted this long.
Cant wait to see how it all turns out! poor kitty.
Good for you getting him help when no one else wanted to!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poor kitty. Please keep us posted as this unfolds. I hope someone comes to help soon. Doesn't anyone have a ladder to climb to go get him. Is he in a area of the tree that is hard to reach? Why after 6 days would no one help!!!

J

Jinxlover

Poor baby, people just don't care anymore to them it's "just a cat" ..Sad really...
Please keep up posted..

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor kitty. Please keep us posted as this unfolds. I hope someone comes to help soon. Doesn't anyone have a ladder to climb to go get him. Is he in a area of the tree that is hard to reach? Why after 6 days would no one help!!!

Thanks, I knew you guys would understand, everyone else thinks I am crazy, at this point she is too high for an ordinary ladder, we need a bucket truck, or fire truck ladder

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks, I knew you guys would understand, everyone else thinks I am crazy, at this point she is too high for an ordinary ladder, we need a bucket truck, or fire truck ladder

I cannot believe that a tree service or fire dept wouldn't help. I would have picketers (spelling?) out at everyone of them in protest! Poor baby, I hope someone comes and helps soon. Sending my prayers to the kitty, hopefully someone will have a heart and help. Is this kitty owned by that little girl you mentioned? Heck, if it was my kids cat I would pay for a tree service to get it down and long before 6 days!!!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I cannot believe that a tree service or fire dept wouldn't help. I would have picketers (spelling?) out at everyone of them in protest! Poor baby, I hope someone comes and helps soon. Sending my prayers to the kitty, hopefully someone will have a heart and help. Is this kitty owned by that little girl you mentioned? Heck, if it was my kids cat I would pay for a tree service to get it down and long before 6 days!!!

I would have picketers too if anyone cared! sadly it would be just me the crazy cat lady!:Surprise:

I have been trying to get a tree service qoute, but they all just say they are too busy, or they don't return calls, so I can't even get a price. It is the little girl's elderly neighbor's cat (did that make sense) The little girl's mom has posted for help everywhere even CL, which is how dumb me got involved!:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
The little girl's mom has posted for help everywhere even CL, which is how dumb me got involved!:LOL:

Makes total sense! Knowing me that is how I'd end up getting involved too! I constantly go over CL every night and day to help rehome kitties within my area or help with pets with compelling stories.

Pbinky

Banned
Isn't there like an Animal Control or Humane Society where you live that can take care of this sort of thing????

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is terrible! I can't believe no one would help! My dad has worked for the fire service for over 20years and they have rescued plently of cats from trees, he says he can't understand why they didn't come to get this one down?!! I would say 6days is a pretty long time! I'd say 3days is long enough too! I hope it is ok.....

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think a cat up a tree near me for 6days would put me on edge a little! In fact I don't think I'd sleep! I'd be constantly looking to see if it was still there! LOL

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
No one will help? what is wrong with people these days? I think you are doing a great thing and I say give the news all the names of companies who have turned their head.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Gee, it shouldn't be so hard to get a little help. I hope someone steps up soon and ends this so the kitty can have a happy ending to this misadventure.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
that's insane that no one would help! good job with calling the news!! they're just letting the poor cat die!! i would have called the news sooner, but just like your husband, my fiancee would have been annoyed with me too.
Thank you for caring about the animals wondering the streets. :) hopefully they get that little guy down today!!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay! Still, it's a shame that it took publicity to get someone to help. But you did the right thing so you gotta feel good about that. :)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad there was a happy ending for this poor kitty. Interesting how the fire dept and the tree service showed up to be on camera for the reporter. She must have a magic cell phone.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm glad there was a happy ending for this poor kitty. Interesting how the fire dept and the tree service showed up to be on camera for the reporter. She must have a magic cell phone.

The funny part is she never called the tree service! She called me and my husband called Dill's tree, he led them out there, she took all the credit, lol:Dizzy: But I am glad it ended well, and Dill's was great, they didn't hesitate to help!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
**UPDATE**

This is the cat from the tree, she is available for adoption at the Greenwood Humane Society, they posted her on their FB page, so I thought I would share her with you guys too! They named her Arbor!

Login | Facebook

Her is her pic for those without FB (MMSB, lol)
arbor.jpg

Back