Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat Ladies

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Has anyone seen the new Animal Planet show called Cat Ladies - Women who create a world with their cats in which they are accepted and in control-- a world where they ultimately have value? It aired tonight and will be on the 11th.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i saw it on yesterday, but didn't watch it. Those type of shows and the animal hoardering, etc make me too sad to watch. i'm one of those avoidance people lol. But those shows are usually so interesting.
How was it?

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I did not like the fact that these sweet ladies were stereotyped as single, lonely misfits. There was only one hoarder. The other two ladies just had several cats. It was demeaning and sad. I will be writing whoever is responsible for buying this production.:Frown:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Wow,, it doesnt surprise me, that they have this type of show. I'll have to view it so I can gather my own opinion. It wouldnt shock me that they make these ladies out to be like that either.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeah, I saw it. I'm surprised that Animal Planet would put out such a stereotypical production. I thought the show was sad and demeaning all at the same time. It depicts people (women) who own cats as being freaks or misfits.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
sad that it turned out that way. :( why cant people be "cat ladies" and simply LOVE their babies.
Go to documentary of animal- show people... sure it'd be a very similiar way.... people doing everything around their animals schedule.
(i didnt see the show)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Its okay for a woman to not work and have 19 or more kids and stay home 24/7 and cater to her husband and kids, but its oddly insane for a woman to own a few cats and love them for all their worth....geez,,what is this world coming too!

gunstreetgirl

Lairian
I fully aspire to be a "cat lady" to the nervous amusment of my boyfriend and friends.
Whatever, cats are rad, and cat ladies usually have super fun outfits. plus I seem to be develpoing a cat trend with my tattoos haha... Win/Win!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh man, I saw this show. Pretty crazy. I saw it online. I might try and download it and upload it to Youtube for anyone that might be interested.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I finally got a chance to watch this show last night,,,I think some of the stories are more "animal hoarder" situations. I honestly don't think this show will last long. And I would have to agree that if your having dreams of breast feeding your cats,,then you might need to talk to someone about it,,that just doesn't seem normal to me.
I consider myself to be a true cat lady,,but I never dream such odd things as that.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Breast feeding your cat??? WHAT THE "FRONT DOOR" !?!?!?! ok, that's totally strange... and sounds boarder line mental illness. seems to me thoughts such as that may be where beastality comes into play. if you "love" your animal that much, what's stopping you from doing other things- YIKES!
i'm not even sure i want to see this show! creepy. :(

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Breast feeding your cat??? WHAT THE "FRONT DOOR" !?!?!?! ok, that's totally strange... and sounds boarder line mental illness. seems to me thoughts such as that may be where beastality comes into play. if you "love" your animal that much, what's stopping you from doing other things- YIKES!
i'm not even sure i want to see this show! creepy. :(

Exactly my thoughts!
One of the girls "Morta" I think her name was, she was dreaming of breast feeding her kitty, single woman, no kids, estranged from most friends and family,,she just seemed overly emotionally invested in her kitties.
I mean, we are all but this just seemed extreme to me.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Exactly my thoughts!
One of the girls "Morta" I think her name was, she was dreaming of breast feeding her kitty, single woman, no kids, estranged from most friends and family,,she just seemed overly emotionally invested in her kitties.
I mean, we are all but this just seemed extreme to me.

Yikes. This woman needs sincere help not a film crew.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven't seen this show but that breastfeeding part is just too weird for words and is a cry for psychological help. I hope she gets it.

Back