Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat Litter disguise Cupboard/Antique Furniture

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I allready posted this on the thread about dogs getting into cat litter....but didnt want non dog owners to miss out...because i think this will apeal to every cat owner!

I bought this Antique commode at an auction for $30. Cut cat shaped holes in both sides, so no matter where the piece of furniture ends up (I move my furniture a lot) theres always a way to get into it. I lined the inside floor and walls with mac tac from the dollar store....so when someone pees over the edge or splashes diarrhea its easy to wipe up! and vacume...
The cuppboard can not be opened by dogs, or babies...easily and it really REALLY cuts down on odour!!!
We actually keep this in our dining room where we eat dinner every night...and my spouse is not religious about cleaning the litter...as long as the doors are shut you cant smell poop!
Im planning on painting this white....eventually.\
Ive seen these sell online for $300-$700!!!!!
You could even make one out of a pressboard microwave cart from wallmart...which would only cost $10 to $15 used at a thrift store...(at least thats what they cost at MY thrift store..LOL)
Hope it inspires some of you handy people!!!

ps. I noticed after posting that the sphynxlair logo covers the area cut in the side of the furniture where the cat enters!!! LOL So in case you are looking at the photo wondering how the cat gets in....look under the logo...LOL

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My spouse says to warn everyone that because it makes the litter "out of sight and smell" it doesnt get cleaned as often....and cats dont like that! They still use it though.
It also prevents litter tracking all over the house.

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

its fab. best idea ever.

i have one of these but i slightly different design. my partner built it for me and i love it. he built a viv for our chinese water dragon. its huge and also has another viv under neath. and then under neath the second viv is the cats part. it has two sections. one for the litter tray and one for the food and the wall inbetween the two sections is covered in carpet and they love to have a good scratch on that i will post some pics of it when i finally get a camera & the dogs cant get to any of the cats things now ha ha ha ha xxx

Sillysphynx24

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I always wanted to get one of those but they were definatley expensive for a toilet lol. I ended up getting a tub and cutting a hole at the top for my kitty. It gives him alot of space in his potty, helps keep the litter in, and keeps the dachshund out! :LOL:

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is nice! We bought one, the end table kind and it didn't work well with our cats. Pee was gettin on the floor and it was hard to clean cuz we used clay litter. We use it as an end table now.... not sure we will use it as a house for our boys????? I am afraid they will smell the pee. What do you think?

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I always wanted to get one of those but they were definatley expensive for a toilet lol. I ended up getting a tub and cutting a hole at the top for my kitty. It gives him alot of space in his potty, helps keep the litter in, and keeps the dachshund out! :LOL:

My Daschund use to steal cat turds from the box when I was using clay litter, but since I switched to Feline Pine, he doesn't do it anymore:ThumbsUp:

This is Sammy

This is Owen

Nice to meet you & your babies:Smile:

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was thinking about doing the same and either buying one of those prefab litter covers that look like furniture or buying an old piece of furniture and modifying it. The wive vetoed both because she wanted the litter pan in the bathroom. Luckily enough, we had space on the side of our vanity to keep a litter box with one of those fake plastic rattan shrouds. It was a bit pricy for what it is, but does the job.

Sillysphynx24

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My Daschund use to steal cat turds from the box when I was using clay litter, but since I switched to Feline Pine, he doesn't do it anymore:ThumbsUp:

This is Sammy

This is Owen

Nice to meet you & your babies:Smile:

So good to meet all of you too! This place is great! Your owen looks just like my Willie! And I love your chocolate long haired Wienie! He is very handsome.:Cool:

Back