Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat Litter - Litter Robot

Pixel

Lairian
We are due to take delivery of our new Sphynx baby at the end of the month and the breeder has said to use pellets as cat litter as she said the dust from regular litter could cause them breathing issues or allergies. I had planned to have the kitten use a regular open air litter box to start with but I wanted to transition him to the litter robot once he was a bit bigger as we have that for our other Devon Rex cat and very much prefer them. I currently have the newer model LR on back order so I would have two. Is there a real concern about cat litter dust etc harming them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
As far as I know litter dust won't cause breathing problems with healthy cats. Some sphynx do get a skin allergy but that's more due to the litter then to the dust. But this is as far as I know, so hopefully others will chime in.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Pixel welcome to the lair family! look forward to lots of pics and tales and gotcha day pics!
what is your Rex's name? look forward to pics!

several use litter robots and will certainly chime in..

My 4 nakids, the oldest pair turned 9 ... no issues with Dr. elseys unscented litter or a close dupe also made in Canada
Fresh for Life odor destroyer unscented ... both extremely to nil dust....

jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch!

type in litter robot using the top right search box on main page for many threads on litter robot ;)
(i did try to copy n paste but didnt go thru)

Back