Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat litter

Nerfbag

Lairian
Any advice on the best litter to use. In the past I had used regular clumping litter, but in a few weeks I will be getting a new baby called iggy and I want to do what is best for him. There is some much out there from clumping, pine, crystals, newspaper etc. Any advice appreciated.:Smile::BigSmile:

ninja4her

Lairian
I use clumping cat litter for my boys. It's called fresh step. I am trying feline pine right now but don't like when i go to clean the litter box with the scoop the pellets don't fall through.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use world's best for Nudie and it works great! It is all natural made from corn, clumps well and keeps odors away really well. They are offering a rebate for a free bag on their website :BigSmile:

nancy19

Lairian
I use cedar because there is not all the dust like you find in the clumping litters. My girl stays much cleaner without all that dust collecting on her skin. When I first got my girl she had using a litter box with clumping litter and had a mild skin rash. I changed her to cedar and the rash quickly resolved. Thankfully she accepted this change, some cats won't. I found that the cedar litter smells nice also.

ktate88

Banned
I use world's best for Nudie and it works great! It is all natural made from corn, clumps well and keeps odors away really well. They are offering a rebate for a free bag on their website :BigSmile:
I also use World's Best-- not so much dust like clay litters. Does pretty well with odor control but Niles is fairly stinky. I don't like that when he comes out he leaves little foot prints wherever he walks or jumps.

Otherwise reasonably priced in comparison, lasts a long time, and great for kitty.

I switched to it because I figured not having hair, this would be better for his little nose and eyes to not have that dust.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My vet tech said that a great alternative is to use chicken feed as cat litter. It's very inexpensive and clumps well, according to her. Has anyone heard of this or tried it?

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I haven't tried chicken feed but it seems like it would be similar to the world's best because chickens eat corn and grain and that's pretty much what's in the world's best litter.

ktate88

Banned
I haven't tried chicken feed but it seems like it would be similar to the world's best because chickens eat corn and grain and that's pretty much what's in the world's best litter.
I agree. Though I know there are at least 2 world best formulas- clumping and multi-cat. Not sure if there is some additive to make it clump?

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I applied for the rebate on their website last week- not sure what's up? (I'll check the website again)