Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat mum to be on monday

Gemma1982

Lairian
Hi everyone,

After 10 plus years my hubby has finally given in and let me become a cat mum. I'm picking up my little baby boy on Monday and I'm so excited it's unreal. Here's a photo from the breeder, I'm yet to meet him in person. I've read a lot about the breed, the timing in the past was never practical as I worked long hours away from home. Any helpful hints or advice welcome.

IMG-20181110-WA0001.jpg
ne

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oooh how exciting, only 3 nights to go till gotcha day. What a handsome boy he is. Do you already know what his name will be?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gemma1982 , oh Sooo excited for you ! I know that feeling ..I waited 15 years for my first Sphynx

Your boy is Sooo handsome ! Are you keeping the name Dobby ?
What an amazing surprise for your son!
We can't wait for gotcha day pics and tales and your journey with us !
Be sure to kitty proof everthing for life !
They are monkey cat dog all in one ! Like a forever two year old! Lol
They are definitely Velcro kitties .. Busy buddies with you all the time

Very excited for your family !

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a sweet boy! How old is he? Have you had cats in the past? I can't imagine how excited you are!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
How exciting!! He is so handsome. So glad you jumped in and shared with us. Hoping to see you become an active member in the community.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, he’s an adorable bicolor boy! :love: Congrats! They are definitely worth the wait!!

I must warn you though... everything you’ve heard is true, they are addicting! :p It took me 5 years to convince hubby to let us have a sphynx. I fell in love when I met a sphynx for the first time, but he thought they were ugly and weird. Flash forward to today, we have only had Kenzo for 5-6 months, and are now searching for our second sphynx to join our family! Hubby changed his tone the instant he held Kenzo, and even has been heard saying that sphynx are the most beautiful & badass cats he’s ever seen.

This site is full of invaluable sphynx info and friendly people. I look forward to seeing Gotcha Day pics! Please share how everything goes!

Dublin Riis

Lairian
Hello and welcome you AND Dobby to Sphynxlair. I just got Sphynx #2 this past Thursday (12/6) and I'm over the moon. I understand your excitement and though I'm sooo excited to tell you about my Yudjin (Eugene), it's all about YOUR new baby coming home and the fun things that will happen. Congrats on your new baby. By the time you read this, he'll already be in your home and part of the family. I'm VERY HAPPY for you

Back