Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat pimples

KKristen61

Lairian
my Sphinx has little pimples all over her chest/back.

What’s the best way to get rid of all of them?

Thank you

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey can you post a photo of them?

They may be like what my boy gets its a form of folliculitis (clogging of hair follicles etc) we spoke to a dermatologist recommended by our vet and they gave us a cream called ResiCHLOR that we use 2-3 times a week on his pimples/bumps and they go down really easily. I would recommend talking to your vet about it and seeing what they recommend. We also use a lotion to help build up his skins barrier functions so he gets less breakouts :) and also bathing him a little more often (once every 2 weeks) has helped.

KKristen61

Lairian
8600EAAF-D043-4F1A-A104-006994084C2A.jpeg
Hey can you post a photo of them?

They may be like what my boy gets its a form of folliculitis (clogging of hair follicles etc) we spoke to a dermatologist recommended by our vet and they gave us a cream called ResiCHLOR that we use 2-3 times a week on his pimples/bumps and they go down really easily. I would recommend talking to your vet about it and seeing what they recommend. We also use a lotion to help build up his skins barrier functions so he gets less breakouts :) and also bathing him a little more often (once every 2 weeks) has helped.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
They look a lot like orpheus' pimples. I would maybe try the witch hazel and see if that stops the flare ups and if not I would ask your vet about a skin cream or something that might help. The one we use for Orpheus is prescribed for him so not over the counter

Yoda mom

Staff member
Does your sphynx wear sweaters?
Some get hear rash from clothing

Allergy rash perhaps? Any new foods, new treats , change of litter ? Etc

Agree with talking with your vet

Will be checking for updates

KKristen61

Lairian
They look a lot like orpheus' pimples. I would maybe try the witch hazel and see if that stops the flare ups and if not I would ask your vet about a skin cream or something that might help. The one we use for Orpheus is prescribed for him so not over the counter
I’ll look into that! Thanks

KKristen61

Lairian
Does your sphynx wear sweaters?
Some get hear rash from clothing

Allergy rash perhaps? Any new foods, new treats , change of litter ? Etc

Agree with talking with your vet

Will be checking for updates
No she doesn’t wear sweaters of anything like that