Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat sitter or Cattery

Hi guys, I will be travelling in september but I do not have anyone to look after Beerus, so I am considering these 2 options. I am in the hertfordshire area but I don't mind boarding in London. Any recommendations or experiences?

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm not in your area so can't recommmend persons or cattery. But I wanted to chime in to say I always use a catsitter who comes to my home twice a day. My crew seems happy to stay at home together!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would opt for a cat sitter to come to your home as well. Less stressful.

On facebook there is a group in Vancouver BC (where I live) that is dedicated to pet sitting. Maybe there is a similar type of group for where you live?

I'm considering taking him with me to a cat friendly airbnb place. Where I am going is 2.5 hour drive so not too bad. Is that a good option?
I would opt for a cat sitter to come to your home as well. Less stressful.

On facebook there is a group in Vancouver BC (where I live) that is dedicated to pet sitting. Maybe there is a similar type of group for where you live?

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Taking him with you is a great idea! I know more people take their sphynx with them when they go on holiday. @Xandria for example:)

Bailey21

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I agree with @Toa and Ross ! If I had the option to bring our little man with us, I 100% would! But he also loves to be with us anywhere, whether the car, ect. He's a little explorer.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would opt to take him with you and then if not possible get a cat sitter.
I had to go away over the last weekend and felt a lot better about leaving him behind knowing he was in his own environment :)

Hi there!

I live in Cambridgeshire, have 2 sphynx - I've gone away several times over the past few years (longest 1 month) and have always used trustedhousesitters.com - people stay at your house. These are pet and travel loving professionals who most often work remotely so travel and watch pets throughout the year.

There's a yearly fee, but 100% is worth it if you travel a few times per year, short and long trips - people are vetted, rated, etc. and I've always had a really positive experience.

Let me know if you have any questions!