Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cat Trees Recommendations!

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi, I'm looking at getting Astrid a cat tree to go along with my DIY project I still need to finish.... the weather needs to heat up so I can paint! Lol
I found a person where I am that makes them, so I can pretty much Frankenstein the best of everything to get the ultimate cat tree! Lol and they are actually decently priced, and plus, support local!

So, what cat trees do you have? What are the kitty favourites: height, hiding places, perches?

Thanks guys :)

Bonus picture of Astrid on my makeshift cat tree!
IMG_2087.JPG

Draculaura

Lairian
Thanks for posting this @Maddie.
I'll be following with interest as I too am looking for a cat tree.. there's so many different types!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
I would suggest making sure there is a hidey hole in there somewhere. My girl rarely uses it but it's her safe place that no one is allowed to touch her if she's in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pierre

Lairian
I've included a screen shot from my gotcha day post on here. This is the first one I got Pierre as it was on offer.
IMG_1706.PNG
It is very tatty now as he loves it so I'm currently looking for another. The only I'm looking at is tall, goes to the ceiling. The one thing I've learnt about him is he LOVES to get as high as possible :)
I also agree with the above comment about a hiding hole and maybe a scratch post on there too?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I recently replaced our former Trees with new ones. Most of the new ones stretched almost to the ceiling. One of Max's favourite things to do is to race up the tree sit on the topmost spot and then stretched his arms to the ceiling and make the cutest noises.

Trees that have a place to go into, lounge on, scratch, and just generally play are great. I bought a few of the following types of trees and put some of them together to form a nice kitty PlayStation:

Product by TOMCAT 2000

Back