Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Catching lizards

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butternuts has become quite a proficient lizard hunter. When he's outside he's constantly stalking them.

Replacement String:

Last edited by a moderator:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The croc hunter had his own show, Butterball should have his own "Lizard Hunter":LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When that lizard tried to make a run for it, I found myself making that same squealing noise I made when Gleek caught a mouse.
Yikes, I don't know if I could handle a darting lizard. :Surprise:

ktate88

Banned
What a good hunter! Now does he kill roaches? :shudder: I hate roaches... Niles LOVES to get them. Thank goodness I've only seen a few small ones this fall!

BTW, Niles also enjoyed watching Butterball's adventures:ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL this is a great video. Love seeing the Butternuts.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is awesome!! Does he ever bite them?? :Hysterical:

Check out 2:33. The lizard bit Butterball! I've never seen Butterball bite one of these lizards but he did manage to eat a very small gecko once. It was kinda gross because you could hear the crunch.

We got these lizards everywhere down here in Texas. They are actually really cool. They have no teeth so their bite is comparable to a very light pinch. Plus they change colors just like chameleons. They love eating garden insect pests and don't cause any damage to foliage so they're welcome in my book.

Gizzymom

Banned
Check out 2:33. The lizard bit Butterball! I've never seen Butterball bite one of these lizards but he did manage to eat a very small gecko once. It was kinda gross because you could hear the crunch.

We got these lizards everywhere down here in Texas. They are actually really cool. They have no teeth so their bite is comparable to a very light pinch. Plus they change colors just like chameleons. They love eating garden insect pests and don't cause any damage to foliage so they're welcome in my book.

LOLOLOLOL... I thought BB was just scared at that jump! I wish Gizzy had something fun like that around here to play with. Better than bugs in my book! :Badly:

Did he get sick at all from eating a gecko?? Now I will think of BB evertime I see the Geico commercial! :Hysterical:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

I didn't realize that the lizard bit BB, just thought it scared him. What funny little critters they are. Much better than bugs. If I'm ever in Texas I will have to check them out.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poor lizard. lol

Snuffie found Salamanders in our yard and was trying to eat them, I had to hold her back. I didn't want it to make her sick and I'm too much of an animal lover to allow her to savagley eat a innocent creature. lol

Im a dork!

Great video showing his animal instinct!