Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Catnip Cards

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I came across a vendor at the show I took Gleek to last month who was selling catnip greeting cards. Has anyone seen these? I thought they were a fun idea, but a little pricey ($4 each). My husband surprised us with one at the end of the show so I was able to take a closer look. The handmade paper is embedded with catnip and are decorated with edible ink. Once you are done with the card you crumple it into a ball which reactivates the catnip and your cat can bat it around tear it up. Gleek had fun with his "Congratulations" card.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
They were very creative....one of those "I wish I had thought of that" ideas. If you don't see a vendor at a local show you could try a google search for cards 4 cats.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man, I had to see one of these. As many of you know I grow lots of catnip when my sisters dog doesn't destroy my garden. So I'm wondering how this was done. I may try it. I need a new hobby.

Anyway, I found some interesting things.

Here is a card with catnip seeds embedded on the paper. You simply plant the paper.
catnip.jpg

Here is paper infused with catnip.
paper.jpg

Here is a link to catnip cards.
Features of Catnip Cards

Cool stuff!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Planting the card with catnip seeds in it is such a cool idea. The catnip card with the catnip in the paper had a faint smell, but once the card was crumpled up you could really smell the catnip. Gleek loved it.

This would be a great hobby for you ElGato.

Back