Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Catnip smells like wacky tobaccy

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So I've been hoarding catnip to make some toys and hopefully send to some members. I usually pick it every few days and let it dry out on some newspaper and then I put it in a bucket. Today I walked in the house and boy did it smell. It smells very much like that wacky tobaccy that Cheech and Chong partake in. Unfortunately I do know what it smells like (college years). Now I'm worried. Maybe I shouldn't send it through the mail.

Hey, I just thought up a toy! A catnip Easter egg!

Last edited:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I can't "NOT" comment...so here goes.............

Just don't smoke it, it will make you sick!!! LOL Does provide a little entertainment for the night - like all of your friends laughing at you because your a tard! lol

If you ship it in toy form I think you'll be fine. It's not illegal - might raise eyebrows tho but now they have those little scanner machine things and they can tell what your shipping, I think you'll be fine. If not - can't wait to hear the story of how the drug raid went!! lol JUST KIDDING!

Lulu Bird

Lairian
Don't worry, you can't get in trouble for sending catnip, but I agree, it could raise a few eyebrows :Wink: I guess catnip can be made into a tea for upset stomach because it's in the mint family :Dizzy: I know the really strong catnip I sell here sure gives me a headache and I have thought it could be interesting getting pulled over with a bag of it sitting on the dash :Surprise:

susi794

Staff member
I sent some to South Africa--was worried about it, but no problems at all. I just declared it on the customs sheet. If it's ok to send out internationally, it will surely be no problem domestically.

susi794

Staff member
:Dizzy::LOL: ROFLMAO!!!:Laugh::Laugh: My sister and I tried banana peels--someone said to bake them then smoke 'em. Just about coughed my lungs out!! What tards we were!! :LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
:Dizzy::LOL: ROFLMAO!!!:Laugh::Laugh: My sister and I tried banana peels--someone said to bake them then smoke 'em. Just about coughed my lungs out!! What tards we were!! :LOL::Hysterical::LOL:

ha! I never heard of that one! I stick to my wine or vodka these days when I need a stress reliever. lol I can hold my alcohol better than my gangi! lol :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
This was clear back when I was about 12 and she was 16....haven't heard it called gangi since I used to vacation in Jamaica. I have asthma and was never really able to partake.....:Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I got all sorts of names. My parents were hippies straight out of woodstock - the free loving kind and pretty much still are and are happily married for 33 yrs or something like that. I was pretty much raised around it, I never hit me what it was and that it was wrong until I was 24 and at a friends party and they were passing it around and the smell hit me and all of these childhood memories came back to me. It suddenly hit me --- No wonder I was a happy kid and stuffing my poor cats into clothes - I thought I was Alice in WonderLand! LOL Had my fun with it - then grew up. No more Alice in WonderLand here! lol

J

Jinxlover

:LOL::LOL::Hysterical::LOL::LOL:.. When I was a kid I was my moms worst nightmare :Cool::ThumbsUp:.. Now We are so boring it's sad . Oh:Cry: I don't want to be old.

susi794

Staff member
I got all sorts of names. My parents were hippies straight out of woodstock - the free loving kind and pretty much still are and are happily married for 33 yrs or something like that. I was pretty much raised around it, I never hit me what it was and that it was wrong until I was 24 and at a friends party and they were passing it around and the smell hit me and all of these childhood memories came back to me. It suddenly hit me --- No wonder I was a happy kid and stuffing my poor cats into clothes - I thought I was Alice in WonderLand! LOL Had my fun with it - then grew up. No more Alice in WonderLand here! lol

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

But you're still stuffing cats into clothes....maybe a long term side effect?:LOL::LOL:

GioThermal

Lairian
OMG you guys! That is hilarious!!! I never tried to smoke catnip but yes... I have thought about it. My dad is a cop so I was thinking about bringing some over in a little baggy and leaving it on his kitchen counter to see what he says.
However, my dad had confiscated a marijuana plant back in the day and had my grandmother "babysit" it while he was out of town. Needless to say my uncle caught her trying to smoke a freshly picked leaf from the plant on her front porch. She said she always wanted to try it. :LOL:
I say send it!... I just wish they had drug sniffing cats... they'd go NUTZ! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

GioThermal

Lairian
Here is some info on human use of Catnip... just an FYI for you sphynx owners thinking about dipping into your catnip stash for yourself...
Human use
Review of the scientific literature reveals no clinical evidence evaluating the effectiveness of catnip in humans. Tertiary resources document that catnip tea has been used as a calmative and sleep aid in humans. This calming effect makes catnip useful for migraine headaches, nervous disorders, and digestive complaints. It purportedly relieves GI complaints including indigestion, colic, cramping, and flatulence (Well now... I might need to give some to my husband!). Catnip also has increased gallbladder activity and has been used for its diuretic effects. 3 Because catnip exhibits antipyretic and diaphoretic actions, it has been promoted for the treatment of flu, colds, and fever. 2 , 3

Topically, catnip has been applied for arthritis treatment as a tincture and for hemorrhoids as an ointment. (really? Hemorrhoids? too funny!):LOL:

Back