Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Cats Grieving

tuffysmommy

Lairian
Paka died 3-1/2 months ago and her furry sisters who grew up with her from the time they were weaned to her death. They are very different now. They lie tight against me like she did and want to be petted way more. Do you think they still grieving?

They never went looking for her really after she never came back. In retrospect I had the feeling Biscuit who was the most aloof of the trio knew something before we did. Her behavior changed.

Any input? And what to do besides give them more attention.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Gosh, so many times I wish they could talk to us and tell us. Being as it has been a few months, my best guess is that they grieved adjusted and now have a new norm because of it. They are such creatures of habit. Giving extra attention definitely is one behavior they will never say no to.

TheWrinkler

Lairian
I think our animals are so much more intuitive than we give them credit for, just watch the birds when a storm rolls around. In our area, the animals indicate when an earthquake is coming (maybe 5 to 10 minutes before we feel it), we could learn alot from them. Lots of love and attention is a good start, they feel loss too, they just can't express it in ways we understand, but they know! Showing them love would be a great sense of comfort.

Sorry for your loss.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@tuffysmommy (((hugs)))) my crew changed as well when Yoda got his wings.. now Claire Bare took over his spot and Batman and Toby bonded more and cuddle tight on the other side of me and clairebare on the other..

lots of lovin, hugs , n head smooches. agree soo much with @TheWrinkler

tuffysmommy

Lairian
Thanks. I know you are all right. Biscuit never liked to lie against my skin without a blankie in between. Now she pushes hard against my side and legs and even lets me put my arm around her when we are sleeping. She used to kick with her back feet and hurt me sometimes. Not anymore. I think she likes my nakkid skin since it is the next best thing to Paka.

Her attitude toward Paka changed first. She was more devoted than ever to her, never left Paka’s side. When the differences first started she had just had teeth removed at the dentist and I thought they had finally gotten a tooth that annoyed her. Unbeknownst to us Paka was probably having kidney problems. I swear Biscuit knew. Crazy because I always say Foxy is the clairvoyant one.

We were and are such a close knit family.